College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I really miss the days when Wyoming accented brown with that vegas-y gold. It went so much better with the brown than yellow, in my humble opinion.

a-CoreyBramlet03.jpg?54808

Perfection.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not that many of you care, but the Pokes went Gold logo'd lid, white top, gold pants in their win over the Aztecs. 5-2 baby :P

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-WwfYsk6n-nY/TqzlP9QJuuI/AAAAAAAAAFM/nVGgl1_FNB4/s507/1319953719719.png

Boo! :P

I liked the look but I was hoping the Pokes would wear the brown helmets.

I do like the look they rolled out against Utah State. Too bad the team didn't show up that game

1319956467413.png6190501.jpg

I can't get into the brown helmets, especially with the brown logo. It looks like poop on poop.

In other jersey-related banter, Oklahoma State looked fantastic, the OSU pants stripe and mile-wide stripe did not.

So does yellow look like pee to you as well? Does green look like snot? Does white look like puss? I'm not getting why brown makes you think of poop. I could understand Earth, ground (dirt), or wood. But feces is the first thing to come to mind? Kinda disturbing. :blink:

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

I can't get into the brown helmets, especially with the brown logo. It looks like poop on poop.

In other jersey-related banter, Oklahoma State looked fantastic, the OSU pants stripe and mile-wide stripe did not.

So does yellow look like pee to you as well? Does green look like snot? Does white look like puss? I'm not getting why brown makes you think of poop. I could understand Earth, ground (dirt), or wood. But feces is the first thing to come to mind? Kinda disturbing. :blink:

Honestly, yes. I don't like white on white, black on black, or in this case, brown on brown. I don't know why I came to poop, because as you said there are a lot of different, less-gross, things that are brown, but fecal matter was the first thing that comes to mind.

MK8_Iggy.pngMK8_Lemmy.pngMK8_Ludwig.pngMK8_Morton.png

Kentucky's pant stripe looks faded and the checker pattern on the shoulder looks bad. Not a good look for them.

Miss. St. is wearing their matte helmets again, pretty much confirming those are permanent.

The checker pattern on Kentucky's pants always looks faded compared to the jersey "sleeves" because the pants stripes are made from that vented fabric insert used on all the Nike Pro Combat (or whatever this version is called) pants. It looked particularly washed last night because the center stripe was black; I think it would have popped better (and balanced with the white numbers and "Kentucky") if they had used their usual pants insert with the white center stripe.

VPI wore Orange pants today for I assume the first time. I like, I like.

Does this mean a "Orange Crush" where they wear Orange on Orange is on the horizon? Probably.

b07832ba20be43ad330fecdb42e2f59a-getty-130759834.jpg

I thoroughly enjoyed the orange pants today, but I think they'd be much better if the striping "matched" that of the jerseys, with two maroon stripes on the outside and a single white stripe in the middle.

The striping matches the orange jersey and the orange helmet. And this is the second time this year VT has worn orange pants.

Rumor is they will be wearing all orange against UNC for the Thursday night game on Nov 17. I will be there so if the info doesn't come out before then I can report from the stadium.

skinsboys4lf7pe.jpg

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I really miss the days when Wyoming accented brown with that vegas-y gold. It went so much better with the brown than yellow, in my humble opinion.

a-CoreyBramlet03.jpg?54808

Perfection.

Couldn't agree more. Distinctive, sharp color scheme that just looked damn nice.

Also agree

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

now i know I'm in the far minority here, but i love Washington's Blacks. i think black and purple really go well together on uniforms. and with the accent of gold, oooo, its good. also i love Rutger's blacks too, with the red helmet decal.and i didn't mind Kentucky either. Its probably because I'm a part of the younger generation, but when most teams roll out in black, its pretty sweet. but not Ohio. those sucked

Does this mean a "Orange Crush" where they wear Orange on Orange is on the horizon? Probably.

I thoroughly enjoyed the orange pants today, but I think they'd be much better if the striping "matched" that of the jerseys, with two maroon stripes on the outside and a single white stripe in the middle.

The striping matches the orange jersey and the orange helmet. And this is the second time this year VT has worn orange pants.

I just now noticed that they switched the striping on the orange helmet from what it was in the Orange Bowl last year. For that game, there were two maroon stripes instead of the one they have now. I wonder why.

I just now noticed that they switched the striping on the orange helmet from what it was in the Orange Bowl last year. For that game, there were two maroon stripes instead of the one they have now. I wonder why.

If I had to guess, it would be to match the other orange stuff. Now, why they didn't just match the other orange stuff to the helmet is beyond me.

2016644310.jpg

Another look at the Huskies Black Uni's.

Note the tall guy in the background holding a camera up... Thats me!

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

If I had to guess, it would be to match the other orange stuff. Now, why they didn't just match the other orange stuff to the helmet is beyond me.

Yeah, that's what I'm getting at. You would think they would tailor the new orange pants and jersey to the helmet, not the other way around. It would look a lot better putting more emphasis on the maroon instead of the white.

Not that many of you care, but the Pokes went Gold logo'd lid, white top, gold pants in their win over the Aztecs. 5-2 baby :P

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-WwfYsk6n-nY/TqzlP9QJuuI/AAAAAAAAAFM/nVGgl1_FNB4/s507/1319953719719.png

Boo! :P

I liked the look but I was hoping the Pokes would wear the brown helmets.

I do like the look they rolled out against Utah State. Too bad the team didn't show up that game

1319956467413.png6190501.jpg

I love the name on the pants, in fact, I like that on almost any team that does that. I wish Oregon would go back to their previous pant design just for that reason.

spacer.png

Washington has "Blackout Night" for homecoming...

I hate the black...

2016645325.jpg

Some teams can pull off the black, others (Washington) just do it all wrong.

I say if black makes it so a team's primary color doesn't read as that color (i.e. UW purple), that team shouldn't use black.

Archived