College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wake Forest is playing tonight against USC?

I mean Colorado is wearing black helmets, with regular home jerseys and road pants

I feel like in this instance, a matte black helmet would look a lot better than a shiny black helmet.

I agree. That's my one gripe. I hate CU, but they look good, and would look great if the helmet was matte black. It's too shiny as it is.

IUe6Hvh.png

Am I the only one who doesn't like the throwback Colorado uniforms? I like either of these better in a landslide:

artd.gif

Texas+A+M+v+Colorado+xisiF8uRKG8l.jpg

I like the current look more, but those both look nice in my book, especially the second one because it used silver, and as it's been mentioned here a couple times, the schools official colors are silver and gold.

I believe that first look -- correct me if I'm wrong -- the gold inside the numbers was silver on the black jerseys, but I think that was when I was in elementary school so my memory's probably a little foggy.

Also, I guess this is as good a place as any to ask... I thought I remember CU wearing black helmets, gold jerseys, and black pants in a game in 2000 but I can't find anything to back this. Am I completely wrong on this?

IUe6Hvh.png

Also, I guess this is as good a place as any to ask... I thought I remember CU wearing black helmets, gold jerseys, and black pants in a game in 2000 but I can't find anything to back this. Am I completely wrong on this?

Nope. It was '98 against Baylor.

2904820207_e1ce88e974_o.jpg

Nope. It was '98 against Baylor.

2904820207_e1ce88e974_o.jpg

Awesome! I couldn't find a picture at all! I just thought I remembered seeing the picture in the newspaper the next day. I like what they've done tonight, with the black buffalo outlined in gold on the helmet, over what they did there, with the gold buffalo on the helmet.

I thought that was crazy and unique back when they did it... funny how it's become the norm in college football these days.

IUe6Hvh.png

IOWA CITY, Iowa -- The University of Iowa football team changed the look of its football helmet for Saturday's game against Michigan, in honor of members of the military and Iowa's recognition of Veterans Day in Kinnick Stadium.

Iowa's black helmet featured Iowa's tigerhawk logo on the right temple, in red, white and blue, and not the normal gold color. This logo is in recognition of men and women, in all branches of the military around the world, who are serving, or have served, their country.

One side of the helmet will be blank to honor the fallen soldiers.

The left side of the helmet did not include the tigerhawk logo and was left black, in honor of all men and women of all branches of the military who gave their lives in the line of duty.

7123042.jpeg

7123040.jpeg

Archived