College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

From what I've heard from my Tech buddies, the Yellow Jackets will wear white lids tonight. Gold "GT" logo, blue-gold-blue helmet stripe, and navy blue facemask.

It's a white-out game, and my friend who works in the athletic facilities says he personally saw the helmets. Should be a sweet look. Aside from the school in Pennsylvania that must not be named, Georgia Tech owns white.

I'm guessing we won't see those black helmets. Must have been a prototype or something. I'm assuming, if they were real, there would be black jerseys and pants to go with it. For a team that uses navy blue and gold, the thought of combining that with black makes me cringe.

MGLQYDQUKRWJFZM.20091018032751.jpg

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what I've heard from my Tech buddies, the Yellow Jackets will wear white lids tonight. Gold "GT" logo, blue-gold-blue helmet stripe, and navy blue facemask.

It's a white-out game, and my friend who works in the athletic facilities says he personally saw the helmets. Should be a sweet look. Aside from the school in Pennsylvania that must not be named, Georgia Tech owns white.

I'm guessing we won't see those black helmets. Must have been a prototype or something. I'm assuming, if they were real, there would be black jerseys and pants to go with it. For a team that uses navy blue and gold, the thought of combining that with black makes me cringe.

img]http://image.cdnl3.xosnetwork.com/pics11/640/MG/MGLQYDQUKRWJFZM.20091018032751.jpg

Yeah...hahaha

img]http://image.cdnl3.xosnetwork.com/pics11/640/MG/MGLQYDQUKRWJFZM.20091018032751.jpg

Actually, the helmets and jerseys were not black. They were just darker navy than the pants, which looked really stupid.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Actually, the helmets and jerseys were not black. They were just darker navy than the pants, which looked really stupid.

Then why did the school tell everyone they were black? http://miamiherald.typepad.com/fiusports/2009/08/panthers-tv-blackout-troy.html

Then why did the school tell everyone they were black? http://miamiherald.typepad.com/fiusports/2009/08/panthers-tv-blackout-troy.html

My mistake, I thought those were their regular uniforms. The helmets were navy though.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Virginia Tech is wearing maroon tonight. What's interesting is they added stripes to the maroon helmet. It looks good but would look better if they wore the white pants with stripes. Georgia Tech is wearing gold helmets, not the white ones as previously discussed.

Unfortunately, the helmet stripes don't go all the way down. That, & pants stripes, are the only thing keeping VT from finally reaching perfection.

Virginia Tech is wearing maroon tonight. What's interesting is they added stripes to the maroon helmet. It looks good but would look better if they wore the white pants with stripes. Georgia Tech is wearing gold helmets, not the white ones as previously discussed.

Unfortunately, the helmet stripes don't go all the way down. That, & pants stripes, are the only thing keeping VT from finally reaching perfection.

Agreed, but they match the other helmets. None of the stripes on the other helmets go all the way down either. It would look so much better...

I love the stripes on the helmet, but those white pants have to go...they should have wore these:

48431_virginia_tech_nc_state_football.jpg

spacer.png

I love the stripes on the helmet, but those white pants have to go...they should have wore these:

That's what baffles me. They have the pants, so why not wear em?

I have no clue, but what I do know is that I absolutely love VT complete uniform set (except white pants) and that is amazing for me considering I love modern uniforms.

spacer.png

Mark down this date... nuordr and I are in complete agreement.

This is the best I can do at the moment

Rare occasions do happen like tomorrow 11-11-11 once every 100 years.

spacer.png

Rare occasions do happen like tomorrow 11-11-11 once every 1000 years.

11-11-11 happens once every 100 years, not 1000 years.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Rare occasions do happen like tomorrow 11-11-11 once every 1000 years.

11-11-11 happens once every 100 years, not 1000 years.

I have lay off the Jack Daneils tonite.....

spacer.png

vt really needs to find their own identity...this throwback style of uniform does not invoke anything positive...all of their new maroon/orange/white mix/match variants are tolerable but don't really go above or beyond generic to slightly above average.

I'm in favor of vt using a traditional look but I don't think the lsu/ucla stripes are right for them

I have no clue, but what I do know is that I absolutely love VT complete uniform set (except white pants) and that is amazing for me considering I love modern uniforms.

vt really needs to find their own identity...this throwback style of uniform does not invoke anything positive...all of their new maroon/orange/white mix/match variants are tolerable but don't really go above or beyond generic to slightly above average.

I'm in favor of vt using a traditional look but I don't think the lsu/ucla stripes are right for them

Being the modern uniform junkie that I am, I have to disagree. I believe VT has found the look they need to stay with with those stripes on the helmet, jersey, and pants with all their different uniforms. I never thought that orange and maroon would ever look this damn good together. Definitely beautiful!

spacer.png

Archived