Proposed NFL uniform rule

mjrbaseball

Oooh, espnboy13 and Carlosgg6 going with three helmets!

I think the Saints' colors might be one of the few that could make that work. (The white would have a gold fleur-de-lis outlined in black, I suspect.)

Not sure the Dolphins could pull off orange helmets, unless the logo were modified.

Let me try another:

PATRIOTS

Helmets - white with Pat Patriot (bye-bye Elvis!) and blue with white patriot hat (reverse of original AFL look, but no number)

Jerseys - red, white and blue, of course.

Pants - white, blue, red and silver.

(Yoy have the same issues I mentioned with the Giants, which is why the silver is needed to increase the number of potential combinations. Besides, Paul Revere was a silversmith!)

CK3ZP8E.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If each team had three jerseys, three pants and two helmets, that provides 18 different combinations (assuming I haven't messed up my calculations). If each combination can only be worn once, what happens at the Superbowl, the 19th game?

Good point. I wasn't thinking about post-season.

Maybe for playoffs and the Super Bowl, you've earned the right to pick from those you believe your team had the most success with. Just no repeats in the post-season.

(I was going to say such a choice only for the Super Bowl, but I realized after 16 games you have relegated two combos to being totally unsuitable. It's not right to be forced to use them in the playoffs.)

CK3ZP8E.jpg

because there is nothing wrong with change.

Not when change is needed. There is, however, something wrong with change for the sake of change.

Well you are probably worried to death about Nike coming in and changing the look of the NFL.

spacer.png

Not when change is needed. There is, however, something wrong with change for the sake of change.

Well you are probably worried to death about Nike coming in and changing the look of the NFL.

As everyone with even an ounce of sense should be.

I think let's just do it for shiits and gigs. This is not about wanting the league to do this, or how rediculous it sounds, but just for fun. What the hell better do we have better to do? Talk more bout BFBS or how the older guys hate Oregons unis but the young folk do like it? Let's try somthing new. Just for kicks.

I'm going to keep this very simple: no.

Kevin W.: The official thread ruiner of CCSLC.

Come on man, it's not like we want this to happen, but it's interesting to think about.

I guess I'll start with my Seahawks.

Helmets: Silver, Neon Green

Jerseys: Blue, Neon Green, Silver

Pants: Blue, white (to prevent mono neon green), silver

Well I came up with a quick deal on IF the Seahawks had neon green pants based on the current uniform set...

whatifseattlegreenpants.png

Not really. The NFL's uniform regulations will keep Nike from going to crazy.

I think let's just do it for shiits and gigs. This is not about wanting the league to do this, or how rediculous it sounds, but just for fun. What the hell better do we have better to do? Talk more bout BFBS or how the older guys hate Oregons unis but the young folk do like it? Let's try somthing new. Just for kicks.

Come on man, it's not like we want this to happen, but it's interesting to think about.

Well I came up with a quick deal on IF the Seahawks had neon green pants based on the current uniform set...

Those look awesome.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Those look awesome.

The neon green jerseys WOULD have worked better had it been paired with the white pants instead of the navy blue pants

As everyone with even an ounce of sense should be.

I hope they make small changes, but nothing too drastic. I am a modern man, therefore, I say bring the old timers up to speed.

spacer.png

So as I understand it, the premise of the thread is that it's a good thing the NFL isn't implementing a hypothetical and bad uniform system that they had no intention of ever implementing, but what would they do if they did have this idea and did think it was good. We're running out of conversations to have about sports logos.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

So as I understand it, the premise of the thread is that it's a good thing the NFL isn't implementing a hypothetical and bad uniform system that they had no intention of ever implementing, but what would they do if they did have this idea and did think it was good. We're running out of conversations to have about sports logos.

I agree. We are just down to Old School and New School designs, which will be argued over for the next 20 years.

spacer.png

i would do the titans, but they're just one helmet short of having done this already anyway...

they currently have a columbia blue jersey, navy blue jersey, and white jersey.

with columbia blue pants, navy pants, and white pants.

throw in a columbia blue helmet, and you've got this thread taken care of already.

where's travis henry, when you need him?

Sure, I'll play.

Dallas Cowboys:

HELMETS: actual silver, green/blue silver, white

PANTS: actual silver, green/blue silver, white

JERSEYS: navy, white... pink? (Jerry may try an October combo... shudders)

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Archived