9/11 10th anniversary MLB caps

phutmasterflex

303747_579429481858_34701836_32199629_3697771_n.jpg

I just bought the 9/11 10th anniversary cap last night and I was wondering if the original version back in 2001 was any different.

Now, obviously this one is cool base and the one back then wasn't. I'm looking specifically at the flag decal. On the one I bought, the decal is glued on. I tried to look up pictures on Google of the ones that were worn in 2001 but couldn't tell if the decals on those were glued or stitched on.

Any help? Just curious.

** BTW, the A's are on the road this year on 9/11 yet they're only selling the home versions of this cap.

Go A's!

For what it's worth, my beef is more with MLB and the cap manufacturers, but it also grinds my gears that 'mericans aren't so well educated on the flag they claim to revere so much. Just my two cents...

So send an email to Bud, and the boys at NewEra. Don't harass a member of the forum just for buying a cap that has significance to him.

Must we go through this every time?

Stick to answering the question at hand, and keep the political commentary to yourselves.

What happened to all the other posts? I swear to god I just read and posted in this topic before this and there were several more posts.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

From what I know, they were glued on. I went to the Ballpark in Arlington and did the tour a day after they had those flag patches and noticed there were a few of those flags stuck around the dugout. I couldn't resist and take one for myself. ^_^

noutep2-med.gifnmst2-med.gifnmst1-med.gifnonmex-med.gif

Go Aggies!

I was thinking about getting one of these hats but a sales rep at the store pointed out that the flag only has 32 stars. Does anyone know the dimensions of the patch? I am thinking of just buying the patch with the correct number of stars and applying it to a hat that I already own.

The ones they sold back in 2001 were glued on but I'm pretty sure the very first players set that came out were stitched on.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/Baseball-will-keep-it-simple-with-special-9-11-h?urn=mlb-wp16118

baseball_will_keep_it_simple_with_special_hats.jpg

A worker stitches an American flag into a baseball cap at the New Era Cap Company in Buffalo, N.Y., Friday, Sept. 14, 2001. The company is stitching American flags onto the caps of Major league baseball players to wear when play is resumed after Tuesday's terrorist attacks in New York and Washington. The cap maker's plants in Jackson, Ala., and Buffalo will handle the last-minute order from the league. Flags about an inch-high will appear on the caps' left side. (AP Photo/David Duprey)

That's why they simplified the NFL logo; hard to embroider all those stars.

Maybe it's time to streamline Old Glory as well. :)

Arizona goes first.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived