Location Name Changes

jhans203

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh yeah of course. Just trying to summarize the whole "there is no Washington" flare-up from earlier.

I think we should've given Washington State a different name so none of this ambiguity ever happened. Maybe Chinook, or Cascadia (this is a name for the whole PNW I know), or Yakimania.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On a side note, I would like to see Columbus get a NBA team though.

Why can't we just let Columbus be America's biggest minor-league town? They're really really good at that and kinda crappy at supporting the NHL.

Very true. Columbus is the biggest city in Ohio and is a college town. tOSU owns all sports there. I'm actually surprised the Blue Jackets are still there. As for a NBA team, I think the city would embrace that more than a NHL team. But if there's one city that should have a NBA team, it's actually St Louis, IMHO. That city is rapidly growing on both sides of the Mississippi (especially on the IL side).

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

Is STL really growing? I was under the impression that areas like that have been really hurt by the recession and were losing population.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Is STL really growing? I was under the impression that areas like that have been really hurt by the recession and were losing population.

I can't honestly speak for the west side of the city, but on the IL side...Fairview Heights, O'Fallon, and Shiloh are growing like crazy.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

I'm def behind a change for Ohio Blue Jackets. I highly doubt Cleveland (failed in the past) and Cincy would be able to get a new or relocated NHL team, so the Jackets should represent the whole state. Especially since Columbus is the neutral ground between the other 2 sports cities.

I think that was part of their reasoning at the time. Split the difference between Cleveland and Cincy, attract fans from both cities.

Hasn't worked, but...

It hasn't. It's a shame that Ohio isn't big on hockey. There's a local push for Cleveland to get a NHL team, but it would just ultimately fail again.

Cleveland took my favorite AHL the KY Thoroughblades and renamed them the Cleveland Barons due to relocation and I believe it didn't work out either.

Sadly the Barons died in 2006 and then the Utah Grizzles were reborn in Cleveland as the Lake Erie Monsters.

On a side note: I loved the old NHL Cleveland Barons ('67-'78) logo and jersey.

450px-Cleveland_Barons.JPG

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

I can't honestly speak for the west side of the city, but on the IL side...Fairview Heights, O'Fallon, and Shiloh are growing like crazy.

Not growing nearly as fast as Las Vegas.

Tf9TG.jpg

There's plenty of cities growing much faster than STL. I was just saying they are rapidly expanding. I'm not sure any sports team from the Big 4 should be in Vegas though....just seems like bad things could come from it.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

There's plenty of cities growing much faster than STL. I was just saying they are rapidly expanding. I'm not sure any sports team from the Big 4 should be in Vegas though....just seems like bad things could come from it.

As the suburbs grow there's going to be more pressure for a professional team.

Tf9TG.jpg

I'm def behind a change for Ohio Blue Jackets. I highly doubt Cleveland (failed in the past) and Cincy would be able to get a new or relocated NHL team, so the Jackets should represent the whole state. Especially since Columbus is the neutral ground between the other 2 sports cities.

I think that was part of their reasoning at the time. Split the difference between Cleveland and Cincy, attract fans from both cities.

Hasn't worked, but...

It hasn't. It's a shame that Ohio isn't big on hockey. There's a local push for Cleveland to get a NHL team, but it would just ultimately fail again.

Cleveland took my favorite AHL the KY Thoroughblades and renamed them the Cleveland Barons due to relocation and I believe it didn't work out either.

Sadly the Barons died in 2006 and then the Utah Grizzles were reborn in Cleveland as the Lake Erie Monsters.

I love the state/B portion of the logo, but that C just looks awkward.

Hasn't worked, but...

I love the state/B portion of the logo, but that C just looks awkward.

They used the state outline for the sleeve numbers too which was freakin' cool as hell. Yea, I agree the "C" is a little awkward, but as a whole...love this jersey and logo.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

Archived