MLB basketball project

vicfurth

Today's update: The Texas Two-Step...

Houston Astros

Texas Rangers

Houston Astros:Yes, more pinstripes. I was tempted to try the home alternate (red script, no pinstripes) as the home here, but this looked better. I was also tempted to do another throwback like I did with the Blue Jays (evil orange and yellow stripes on a Portland Blazers template), but decided against it. I may come back and do that later, though. :suspect:

Texas Rangers: The numbers aren't exactly accurate, but they're pretty close. I patterned the road after the Rangers' BP jersey, complete with red piping. I even used the BP cap logo (had to make it as I couldn't find it anywhere *cough* Chris *cough* :D).

Better of the two: You decide, 'cause I can't.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel like something is missing from the Houston uniforms (maybe a solid stripe down the side) but the Texas ones look really nice!

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Vic:

You're doing a nice job with keeping the basketball concepts close to the baseball uniforms and logos that inspire them. The only thing I see that's a slight nit-pick is that the uniform numbers on the front can stand to be a little bit larger. I know, to accomodate wordmarks and what not, they can't be exactly the same size as the numbers on the back, but I still think the front numbers can stand to be a little bit enlarged.

Baltimore and Tampa Bay are my favorites. I'm also glad you have not decided to incorporate the Expos-logo rip-off on the Texas set. Houston might look okay without pinstripes on the white, too.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

Thanx, man. I'm hoping that trying to make them look as close to the baseball ones as possible doesn't make them all look the same. Working on some more now, I realize something...

TOO MANY TEAMS WEAR PINSTRIPES!!! :P:D

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Finished the NL version of Florida/New York...

Florida Marlins

New York Mets

Florida Marlins: AAH!!! More pinstripes!!! :shocked: The road unis are patterned after the black alternates (with some BP jersey piping thrown in) & I created a teal alternate.

New York Mets: Surprisingly, the black Mets jersey looks pretty good for basketball. I went with no pinstripes (thank God) on the home. I created an orange alternate patterned after the, you guessed it, BP jerseys.

Vandy, I tried to make the numbers on the front bigger, & I must admit it looks better. Thanx for the tip.

Florida: I like the overall design but it's too bad you can't take just a marlin itself and put on the side of the shorts. Don't they have a secondary logo with just a marlin without any extra circles, letters, or any text for that matter?

NYM: Wow, orange jerseys. That's a pretty bold design. These could almost pass as Charlotte Bobcats uniforms.

Good work once again!

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Wow - someone actually took my advice! Someone archive that!

Anyway, the black Mets uni has unreadable names. I would make the name white, and just screw the drop-shadowing. It wouldn't be a 100% reflection of the Met blacks, but who wants that anyway - especially on a day where the Mets managed to not wear any black at all!

And is anyone else curious as to what it would look like if the Mets ever introduced black baseball pants to wear with their black jerseys? What's stopping them?

I have trouble saying anything objective about Florida - since they seem to have the Phillies' number these days. I might have tried a gray uniform for them, but I can undersand why you went teal and black.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

Summer's here, time for some California x-overs...

San Diego Padres

San Francisco Giants

Padres: I relegated the khaki roads to the alternate. They ended up being more of the gold than khaki, sadly. :cry: The swinging friar's name has now been changed to Derrick since he seems to be shooting a game-winning trey.

Giants: This was a fun one. Simple, beautiful, all in under 15 minutes. I did make the script & numbers white (and, therefore, readable) on the road blacks.

Better of the two: Giants

OMG, the Padres uniforms almost made me faint! I love those man! Great job. They remind me a little of BYU's.

Retired Number's To Come

On the mets, maybe try an 80's stripe pattern down the side. I'm not sure on the exact colors of those stripes, but that could look kinda cool down the whole side. Without the pinstripes of course. Pinstripes never translated well to basketball unis for me. (pacers, magic, bulls alt) Other than that these are awesome cross overs. I'm excited to see my team, the cardinals unis!

pc

Archived