Vancouver Canucks Concept

jetmonkeyj

First off, after 5 years of lurking on this site, I'm very pleased to finally step out of the shadows and contribute to this great site and share some of my work! :)

I'm a Canucks fan, but when our current set came out in 2007, I like most people thought it was a step in the right direction, but still failed to give us that "timeless" look we've been waiting for. I don't think they need a full on overhaul, but I do believe they could use some "fine-tuning" before they become great. Here's what I had in mind...

vancouvercanucksjerseyf.png

The first thing I did was dropped the much controversial arched "Vancouver" all together to simplify the front of the jersey. Next I decided to keep the orca logo because Canuck management is very amendment that they have no intention of dropping it, but tweaked the colours and added green to match the rest of the jersey, and make it look less "clip artish." (The fact that the colours in the current logo don't match the rest of the jersey drives me crazy!) I also incorporated the 3rd jersey stripe pattern, and finally changed the number/name font back to the classic block style and added a green outline to it as well as green to the collar.

This next one is of the same jersey design, but with the much controversial Johnny Canuck logo. Some love it, some hate it.

jcanuckjersey.png

I tend to really like the logo and would like to see it make it's way onto a 3rd jersey one day. But a lot of people feel it's too cartoonish and doesn't make a good primary logo. I made this version just to see what it would look like with that logo on it.

Comments and criticism are always welcome! :)

Looks much much better with the Vancouver script dropped. I actually like the Johnny Canuck logo on the jersey. Probably would be too tacky to wear full time, but as an alt, it could work.

While I don't think they have ever worn one, a green alt could be an interesting thing to try.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Here's the road set with a blue shoulder yoke.

vancanucksjerseyshoulde.png

I personally really like the addition. I'm also going to try and work on a green Johnny Canuck 3rd. :)

Concept of the :censored:ing year. As a canucks fan i would buy BOTH jerseys and proudly wear them. That is seriously what they should have introduced in '07. I am impressed sir, great job.

sport-scarf_celtic-2_zps105bfcbf.png

Concept of the :censored:ing year. As a canucks fan i would buy BOTH jerseys and proudly wear them. That is seriously what they should have introduced in '07. I am impressed sir, great job.

Thank you very much for the kind words. I really appreciate it!

Firstly, thank you Jet Monkey ( sorry, don't have any other sources to address to you ) for adding me into your friends list in here.

I do like your " Canucks " concept posted in here, I like it a lot for the simplicity and connection to the classic look of the hockey jersey.

I'm still frustrated, as I cannot upload any of my pictures with my ideas on a hockey jerseys and upgrades on a current logos plus a new logos for the Winnipeg " Jets " from NHL done by me.

I do have a very nice 3 rd green Johnny Canuck jersey concept done by me a few days ago and would love to share with you - here is my e-mail address : HACOBCEM@gmail.com

Also, I'm currently designing a totally new logo for the "Canucks " and would love to show it to you, as soon as it will be done.

A few years ago, I designed Orca mascot dressed as a goalie , his name is " Vancourenok " and will sent to you, if you wish to see it.

On a last note - I believe that your concepts posted here plus the upcoming 3rd deserve to be issued by NHL , the sooner, the better.

I can't tell...in your concept is the stick-in-rink the lovely original, or that bastardized tweak thing? Nice work, btw.

It's the new one.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Firstly, thank you Jet Monkey ( sorry, don't have any other sources to address to you ) for adding me into your friends list in here.

I do like your " Canucks " concept posted in here, I like it a lot for the simplicity and connection to the classic look of the hockey jersey.

I'm still frustrated, as I cannot upload any of my pictures with my ideas on a hockey jerseys and upgrades on a current logos plus a new logos for the Winnipeg " Jets " from NHL done by me.

I do have a very nice 3 rd green Johnny Canuck jersey concept done by me a few days ago and would love to share with you - here is my e-mail address : HACOBCEM@gmail.com

Also, I'm currently designing a totally new logo for the "Canucks " and would love to show it to you, as soon as it will be done.

A few years ago, I designed Orca mascot dressed as a goalie , his name is " Vancourenok " and will sent to you, if you wish to see it.

On a last note - I believe that your concepts posted here plus the upcoming 3rd deserve to be issued by NHL , the sooner, the better.

Hey man, I really appreciate all the props. I never really expected to get this kind of reaction. lol And as far as you not being able to post anything on here, I JUST went through the same thing. haha You need 2 posts before that function is enabled, so you're good to go now! :) I'm sure we're all really excited to see your work!

Look forward to it!

@HACOBCEM@HACOBCEMhttp://

Alright guys, here's what I've so far on my Johnny Canuck 3rd... It looks fine. However, the hem stripes doesn't communicate well with the reast of the concept in here and they sorta look repeatedly boring to me - can you create a more interesting , Canuckly looking hem pattern and , perhaps, arm pattern, too? . I redesigned a totally didderent Johnny Canuck on a blue jersey. Sorry, still cannot upload my picture in here, but if you will give your e-mail address I'll send it to you immediately upon your request.

jcanuckjersey2.png

Still a bit of a work in progress, but you get the general idea. Imo, I think that logo looks the best on a green jersey. What do you guys think?

Archived