Vancouver Canucks Concept

jetmonkeyj

@HACOBCEM@HACOBCEMhttp://

Alright guys, here's what I've so far on my Johnny Canuck 3rd... It looks fine. However, the hem stripes doesn't communicate well with the reast of the concept in here and they sorta look repeatedly boring to me - can you create a more interesting , Canuckly looking hem pattern and , perhaps, arm pattern, too? . I redesigned a totally didderent Johnny Canuck on a blue jersey. Sorry, still cannot upload my picture in here, but if you will give your e-mail address I'll send it to you immediately upon your request. Can you,please, keep a color of the jersey to match a color of the Johnny Canuck shirt?

jcanuckjersey2.png

Still a bit of a work in progress, but you get the general idea. Imo, I think that logo looks the best on a green jersey. What do you guys think?

How many freaking logo's does this team need? Living in the city (born and raised), most Canucks fans are indecisive as well...as to whether they want to diss a player on their own team or if they want to praise that same player later and argue that they never hated him. But now the logo's? There's the VC logo, the Dorca whale, one with the Vancouver on top wordmark, and then the stick and rink.

Pick one.

Stick with it.

That's more so to the team, not the guy making the concept. Seriously though, their "vintage" anniversary jersey was the best one they've had the last few years, make a white one like that and be done with it.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

How many freaking logo's does this team need? Living in the city (born and raised), most Canucks fans are indecisive as well...as to whether they want to diss a player on their own team or if they want to praise that same player later and argue that they never hated him. But now the logo's? There's the VC logo, the Dorca whale, one with the Vancouver on top wordmark, and then the stick and rink.

Pick one.

Stick with it.

That's more so to the team, not the guy making the concept. Seriously though, their "vintage" anniversary jersey was the best one they've had the last few years, make a white one like that and be done with it.

Hello,

I think that " Canucks " most likely is the only team in NHL that currently owns three logos that can be easily serve as a primary logos: 1. stick in the rink , 2. orca whale, 3. VC and now they've issued a Johnny Canuck, which is my

favorite. In fact, I would love to see that logo makes it to be their number #1 someday. Is there another team in NHL that have at least 2 good logos to be their primary?

I like your first concept the best. It's clean, simple and classy. Adding the shoulder yoke to the road whites makes them too reminiscent of the Oilers, IMO. I don't mind the Johnny Canuck logo, but agree that it doesn't look quite right as the main crest on an NHL sweater. As for the green third, it looks alright, but reminds me too much of the 90s Houston Aeros sweaters. Those were cool sweaters, but they were the Aeros'; not the Canucks'. Overall, though, these are some of the best Vancouver concepts I've seen.

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

• 5 months later...

First off, after 5 years of lurking on this site, I'm very pleased to finally step out of the shadows and contribute to this great site and share some of my work! :)

I'm a Canucks fan, but when our current set came out in 2007, I like most people thought it was a step in the right direction, but still failed to give us that "timeless" look we've been waiting for. I don't think they need a full on overhaul, but I do believe they could use some "fine-tuning" before they become great. Here's what I had in mind...

vancouvercanucksjerseyf.png

The first thing I did was dropped the much controversial arched "Vancouver" all together to simplify the front of the jersey. Next I decided to keep the orca logo because Canuck management is very amendment that they have no intention of dropping it, but tweaked the colours and added green to match the rest of the jersey, and make it look less "clip artish." (The fact that the colours in the current logo don't match the rest of the jersey drives me crazy!) I also incorporated the 3rd jersey stripe pattern, and finally changed the number/name font back to the classic block style and added a green outline to it as well as green to the collar.

This next one is of the same jersey design, but with the much controversial Johnny Canuck logo. Some love it, some hate it.

jcanuckjersey.png

I tend to really like the logo and would like to see it make it's way onto a 3rd jersey one day. But a lot of people feel it's too cartoonish and doesn't make a good primary logo. I made this version just to see what it would look like with that logo on it.

Comments and criticism are always welcome! :)

Very nice concepts! Two critiques though... 1) the 'C' part in the white orca jersey should be blue, not white and 2) Johnny seems tilted a little downward. I love the fact that you used traditional block-style lettering and numbers, not the lazy and weak font the Canucks currently use.

Actually, the orca is just as controversial as the "Vancouver" wordmark. Most fans I talk to much prefer Johnny Canuck or the Stick 'n Rink over the orca. What ownership and management say and what they'll eventually do are two entirely different things. The main reason the Canucks kept the orca for now is because back in '07, they were not allowed to change the orca due to the ownership trial between the Aquilinis and the Gaglardi/Beetie group. If the Canucks REALLY wanted to keep the orca, they would have added green to it to complement the Stick and the two Johnny logos.

Johnny Canuck wouldn't look any more cartoonish than a cartoony Native orca or Pittsburgh's Skating Penguin. A JC jersey, preferably in royal or navy blue, would sell like hotcakes, from left to right, from top to bottom.

I have no idea why, but the white Johnny jersey screams alternate to me, with a green shoulder yoke. that would be a perfect addition to this set. Btw, your not the only one with a mental disability on this site(I have CP and Autism). Good look on this set, but its so close to perfection. Can you try a Millionares throwback?

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

Won't be a popular opinion but this is the best one you've done

jcanuckjersey.png

The Canucks look odd with shoulder yokes and adding green to the orca is too much. I don't see why the full bodied Johnny Canuck logo can't be a primary crest either. It looks really good here.

Great work here! You should ask HawkeyHouse if you can make a set based off his heritage Canucks jersey using this awesome template of yours. Far and away the best Canucks concept I've ever seen and I'd really like to see it come to life.

Midway.png

Love the very clean look, personally I prefer the Agency font to block.

I always wondered about the sleeves of Canucks jerseys...why (on the white) isn't the bottom panel also blue if the bottom of the sleeves are? Either that or make the bottom of the sleeves white.

Also, how about a version with the Orca as the primary and Johnny as the shoulder patch?

Won't be a popular opinion but this is the best one you've done

jcanuckjersey.png

Morgo, I totally second that. I would just have Johnny re-tilted just a little counter-clock wise so he is skating straight ahead and not downward. But the overall look is awesome. I'd get my wallet out in a jiffy to buy one of those.

Archived