2011 MLB Postseason

TBGKon

Of course a Chicago fan and Lights Out hate the Cardinals. Jealousy, it's quite the bitch.

Well, not all of us can have a dozen favorite teams....

Or go over 100 years in between World Championships. I mean, the Cardinals tried, but could only make it to 5 years. I think they need the Cubs advice on how to muscle through and get to the century mark. ;)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did anyone noticed that Tony La Russa recently managed for first time a six and/or seven-games World Series?

Prior to the 2011 WS, he won and lost World Series in 4 and 5 games.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Of course a Chicago fan and Lights Out hate the Cardinals. Jealousy, it's quite the bitch.

Well, not all of us can have a dozen favorite teams....

Or go over 100 years in between World Championships. I mean, the Cardinals tried, but could only make it to 5 years. I think they need the Cubs advice on how to muscle through and get to the century mark. ;)

Please. This is about team loyalty, not the number of championships I've celebrated. If I had as many teams as some of these "fair-weather fans", my title ticker certainly wouldn't read "A century and counting".

If... Correction: WHEN us Cubs fans celebrate a World Series championship, it will put the Cardinals, Yankees, ALL celebrations to shame!

6uXNWAo.png

Congrats to the Cards for winning it. The people I'm happy for winning it:

6. Rafael Furcal. One of my fave Dodgers over the last couple of years.

5. Albert Pujols. One of the greatest players of all time is past the Peyton Manning/Julius Erving/Teemu Selanne/Mike Modano status of one-and-done champs.

4. David Freese. Becomes WS hero in his hometown. Enough said.

3. StLgent. The dude on here who does the "All-Sports Sig Champions" banners for us.

2. Arthur Rhodes. 42 years old and he gets his 1st ring. Would have gotten one anyway from either team, but being in the winners' locker room makes it a whole lot sweeter.

1. The die-hard, knowledgeable and classy fans from St. Louis, Missouri. Earned it. Unlike those from Philly, Boston or NYC...

Congratulations to the Caridnals for their world series run, and they have good fans. However once again this is a classic example of someone taking something so far unrelated to it and using it to bash the fanbases of large markets. For one thing, most-everyone here is misguided in that they see overcoverage of a team by ESPN and for some reason then label their fans douchebags.

And if you're on the topic of stereotyping awful fanbases, I find it funny that you have the Lakers all over your signiture. Honestly I'm a Boston fan that lives right in the middle of Yankee territory, and the Red Sox don't even get close to the amount of hate here as they do on these boards.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Archived