Funny Local HS Football Scores

vicfurth

Being in Texas, I get quite an array of high school football scores. Some are really close, others make you wince, still others make you want to laugh hysterically. This thread is about posting the one's that make you laugh hysterically. Every Saturday morning, I'll post the worst (or for this thread, the best) score of the week that I find. This week's winner goes to two local small schools called Bastrop, TX HS and Manor, TX HS:

Bastrop - 123

Manor - 29

There was another game that ended 91-0, but I forgot the school names. Post your favorites, guys!

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Grayson, Georgia highschool JV won Thursday night at home 61- Central Gwinnett 7. Funny part was, Central had a bye week for Varsity so they thought they could play a bunch of juniors and beat our squad. Grayson High School Varsity beat Berkmar a few weeks ago 56-6. Will start posting like you did next week.

Braves.jpg

BigMac's posts make me want to punch babies.

Hockey is weird and I love it.

We won a game in Illinois by a score of 2-0 against our rivals. This was not a forfeit. The only score came early on a punt snap that went out of the endzone. The whole game was played between the 30's.

We won a game in Illinois by a score of 2-0 against our rivals. This was not a forfeit. The only score came early on a punt snap that went out of the endzone. The whole game was played between the 30's.

In my last year of High School Football we lost to our rivals 3-1. That was heartbreaking.

1zqy8ok.gif

In my last year of High School Football we lost to our rivals 3-1. That was heartbreaking.

How did you score only 1 point?

Missed a field goal.

1zqy8ok.gif

Missed a field goal.

You mean you actually get points for failing to get points?

Missed a field goal.

In Canadian football...yes

2043050vl19qK6.gif

Missed a field goal.

Only if the other team can't return the ball out of the endzone.

1zqy8ok.gif

Missed a field goal.

In Canadian football...yes

Silly canadians.. ^_^

Braves.jpg

BigMac's posts make me want to punch babies.

Hockey is weird and I love it.

Last month, my dads Alma mater lost to a school for the deaf 53-0.

Fun fact: Gallaudet University, one of the first schools created specifically for educating the deaf and the hard-of-hearing, is credited for introducing the huddle in football after their starting QB realized that opposing teams could read his hand signals. Learned that in ASL class.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

If there's no way to score a single point in a game, the scoring system is flawed.

There's the point-after-touchdown opportunity.

I've always viewed the rogue as kind of a little league type scoring play, just so kids can't feel the humiliation of being shutout. In other words, a "participation point".

Archived