New NBA Alternate and Throwback Uniforms

pHiL Kizer

No problem guys :) I'm crazy about NBA jerseys. I was excited to see all the new ones roll out this year. Here's a few more that are supposed to come out.

iZ3DSrafHsRIu.png

Hmm. I'm almost certain that "Heat" is "Calor" in Spanish. Being half hispanic, that's kind of bugging me. I mean, just use the real translation, for pete's sake!

Didn't the Bulls do the same thing with "Los Bulls" when it's really supposed to be "Toros"?

Los Toros would've been pretty cool.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That doesn't stop "El Heat" from being extremely silly.

The SF Giants and Milwaukee Brewers have the right idea - if you're going to do this in any language, to "honor" any culture, translate the name. Use the actual language, not just a slapped-on definite article.

Did the, The Heat, change the striping on the bottom of the shorts - where the vertical meets the horizontal? It looks like there is a diagonal connection instead of the rounded.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

No problem guys :) I'm crazy about NBA jerseys. I was excited to see all the new ones roll out this year. Here's a few more that are supposed to come out.

iZ3DSrafHsRIu.png

Hmm. I'm almost certain that "Heat" is "Calor" in Spanish. Being half hispanic, that's kind of bugging me. I mean, just use the real translation, for pete's sake!

Didn't the Bulls do the same thing with "Los Bulls" when it's really supposed to be "Toros"?

Los Toros would've been pretty cool.

Isn't it time to stop these unnecessary/ridiculous jerseys?

I get the idea behind them but I think there are more than enough examples in this thread of how terrible the execution has been.

For me its the uniform equivalent of exposing your family to Hispanic culture by taking them to Taco Bell for dinner. Great idea...terrible execution.

I get the idea behind them but I think there are more than enough examples in this thread of how terrible the execution has been.

For me its the uniform equivalent of exposing your family to Hispanic culture by taking them to Taco Bell for dinner. Great idea...terrible execution.

I understand your argument, but it's about 6 years too late. In today's sports world, it's the norm to have alternates and special occasion jerseys. We now find this in every sport and all around the world. Guess what....it's not going away.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

Even as someone of part hispanic descent, I find the Latin Nights "tribute" terribly gimmicky. I don't feel that honored by a team lazily slapping "El" or "Los" on thier jersey. It's like the smart-@$$ in Spanish class who answers every test question with "ketchupo" or "el teacher", etc.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Even as someone of part hispanic descent, I find the Latin Nights "tribute" terribly gimmicky. I don't feel that honored by a team lazily slapping "El" or "Los" on thier jersey. It's like the smart-@$$ in Spanish class who answers every test question with "ketchupo" or "el teacher", etc.

Wait....."ketchupo" is incorrect?

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

yeah, it's "catsupo"...dummy.

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

yeah, it's "catsupo"...dummy.

It's called sarcasm.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

Even as someone of part hispanic descent, I find the Latin Nights "tribute" terribly gimmicky. I don't feel that honored by a team lazily slapping "El" or "Los" on thier jersey. It's like the smart-@$ in Spanish class who answers every test question with "ketchupo" or "el teacher", etc.

I always picture Brad Pitt in the Mexican speaking Gringo Spanish when I see those jerseys.

savedpictures013-1.jpg

It's called sarcasm.

Sigh, I have no other reaction but this...

Bruce_Lee_reaction.gif?

Sweet Disney Channel hair.

Be careful. I'm sure none of us want to be flipping channels one day, come across The Maury Show and see "Johnny claims the ghost of Bruce Lee Jeet Kune Doe'd his @$$ because he said Bruce had 'Disney Channel hair'" on our screens. :P

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I understand your argument, but it's about 6 years too late. In today's sports world, it's the norm to have alternates and special occasion jerseys. We now find this in every sport and all around the world. Guess what....it's not going away.

I'm referring to the most recent use of alt jerseys honoring Hispanic culture. I don't believe they've been used as much 6 years ago as they are being used in the last two years or so....but I could be wrong. I think they are the most recent type of new totally unnecessary alt jerseys.

Archived