Wondering if the Jacksonville Jaguars would be upset by this?

roxfan00

It's a high school in Colorado...do they need Jacksonville's permission to use that logo?

develyn_skyview_boys_football_image-1.jpg

develyn_skyview_boys_football_image.jpg

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

No, but my guess is that Jaguar (the car company, which either sent a cease-and-desist or actually filed suit against the NFL when the Jacksonville team released its original helmet design) might.

True, it was Jaguar autos who sent the cease & desist to the Jaguars back before they started playing. Of course back then Jaguar the car company was owned by Ford - and I'm sure William Clay Ford didn't appreciate the logo of a family-owned company being used on a sliver football helmet (like the team he owns, the Lions).

Now that Jaguar autos is owned by Tata Motors of India I guess it's up to them to take action toward this high school.

No, but my guess is that Jaguar (the car company, which either sent a cease-and-desist or actually filed suit against the NFL when the Jacksonville team released its original helmet design) might.

True, it was Jaguar autos who sent the cease & desist to the Jaguars back before they started playing. Of course back then Jaguar the car company was owned by Ford - and I'm sure William Clay Ford didn't appreciate the logo of a family-owned company being used on a sliver football helmet (like the team he owns, the Lions).

Now that Jaguar autos is owned by Tata Motors of India I guess it's up to them to take action toward this high school.

Im so glad that happend.I love the Jaguars logo and helmet.

It's a high school in Colorado...do they need Jacksonville's permission to use that logo?

develyn_skyview_boys_football_image-1.jpg

develyn_skyview_boys_football_image.jpg

But it doesn't look anything like the Jacksonville Jaguars logo.

jags.png

No, but this does.

710811660_ckSE4-M.jpg

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

The NFL allows high school teams to borrow their logos, although the school is supposed to keep the same colors.

I thought they could change the colors but they could not "profit" off using the logo. The same holds true to youth leagues as well.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

my recollection about the colors is pretty strong. The idea behind it is that the teams/fans would then buy stuff from the NFL.

Makes perfect sense. They're basically licensing a logo for free, not allowed to take it and modify it however they want.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Exactly.

Personally, I don't like the policy - I'd rather that teams keep some exclusivity over their designs - but I understand where the NFL was coming from. A free license, and the the league would sell some extra caps and jackets in a region that might not otherwise be interested.

I would have a much harder time understanding the NFL saying "Sure, go ahead. Take our intellectual property do whatever you want with it. Be sure you change it just enough that nobody there is interested in picking up a barbecue apron or billiards set from our online shop."

Archived