New Nords

bleuet

the hemline striping is just too odd. Plus, having stripes only at the sides looks really weird, like on Boston College's new unis.

The sleeve striping looks good. The jersey itself looks pretty good and I like the idea you're trying to work with here (putting a lot of motion into a static logo), but I think some tweaks are in order.

If you want something unique and looks like it's rushing up ice for the hemline stripes, why not have a stripe that is lower on the front and higher on the back of the jersey? It's the same general effect, but it won't look too out of place. Throwing some horizontal pinstripes into that line (like the pens second winter classic) might add even more motion to it.

and the motion lines on the logo only make it look like it didn't render right, like there are blips and gaps on it (and that's at least partly because it goes the whole way across and stops at the end of the logo. you could make some stop early and some stop late, but idk if that's the true fix). making the entire thing italicized might give you the motion look, it might not. Play around a bit more with that.

Good directions, keep at it.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Thanks for comments.

Trying to use something else then the igloo now..

Something else for fun:

6329836791_7fca154090.jpg

6330650136_cabd5618d2.jpg

6330009695_1bb720d290.jpg

Actually, that looks really great. If a new Nords team went in a totally different direction a la the Jets, I'd be perfectly ok with that. Has kind of an explorer's touch to it, which could get cool with links to men like Cartier and Champlain...for something that was "for fun", that's a damn good idea.

Thanks for your comments.

Would like to know if this is an improvement?

Signification of the logo: The Nordiques (men form the north) would use a Compass point star sporting a fleur the lys on the top, like we often see on nautical maps. At the same time, the compass points card looks alike a Polar star.

The dark blue N stands for Nordiques (at same time North) and the stick shape make the star look like a Q for Quebec.

6331288611_d3575a06be.jpg

ROSEFINAL2 by va2sg, on Flickr

it's a really dark blue, and in all but the third jersey (which, honestly, I'm not a huge fan of) you keep them separated very well. the color scheme is definitely not an issue here. It's not like Tampa Bay is using that scheme anymore either, so keep it.

The hockey stick and puck are definitely doing WAY too much. plus, it throws the logo off-balance. The fleur de lis does more than enough to identify Quebec, keep it that way.

Keep those home and roads unchanged, as well as the logo, and here's a crazy thought that you might use, you might not.

Make a retro-esque third jersey. almost all blue, similar to the old Nords jerseys, but using your current blue.

for the logo, everybody is using a logo-in-a-circle and though we on the board are getting tired of them, most people still think they work really well. let's face it, they do. so put your compass logo in a circle...but instead of just doing a circle, put the line across on the lower corner making it a Q! hell, if it doesn't look too cluttered, and you don't bother with words on the Q, you could even make the Q's tail look like a hockey stick as an homage to the original logo.

it's a thought. try it if you like it, forget it if you don't. but definitely keep playing with this concept, you've got something great here.

These are nice bleuet.

Your compass logo (without the puck'n stick) would make a great primary.

It would be interesting to see hockeyweek's suggestions "put to paper".

Really good stuff...

Although I was expecting to see a hot-lookin' nordiquelle astride a chopper.

Archived