Mariners 35th Anniversary Patch

smzimbabwe

And the official announcement of the teal-brimmed hats...

rzeN8k7l.jpg

The logo looks teal, the bill looks blue. Hmm.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Is it just me, or does the teal bill in that particular image look a bit off color-wise? It doesn't quite seem to match the outline color of the 'S.' Glad to see these caps are returning, but I would love to see them return to full-time home status, rather than being relegated to the alternates.

IMO changing the road alt script to 'SEATTLE' is a great move. But does anyone know if the uni numbers will remain on the front below the script, or will those be removed? And is there any silver piping added? That's one glaring inconsistency in the M's set - the navy alt is the only jersey with no piping. I would love to see them revise those road alts to look like these things of beauty:

99alt2.JPG

No complaints about the patch, looks great.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

99alt2.JPG

THAT should be the road alt, without a doubt. That and the teal are their two best alts they've ever had. Doesn't feature much teal, but neither does the road cap so they go perfect together, just as the home and teal jersey do (though I do kinda prefer the all navy cap with the teal as well).

99alt2.JPG

THAT should be the road alt, without a doubt. That and the teal are their two best alts they've ever had. Doesn't feature much teal, but neither does the road cap so they go perfect together, just as the home and teal jersey do (though I do kinda prefer the all navy cap with the teal as well).

Maybe this is a bit of a stretch, but if they go back to those amazing alts in the pic, I would like to see them appear at home from time to time, even if it had to be at the cost of relegating the teal alts to Fridays only (instead of both Monday and Friday). Those looked great in Safeco back in '99-'00 and IMO those would be perfect for Sunday afternoon games - it's easy to get away with wearing dark unis in broad Seattle daylight, because even in the summertime Seattle doesn't normally get all that hot.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

Yay for the teal! XD Now all that's left is the alternate 90s cap to return.

I do hope they're going back to the alternate blue with silver piping. That uni looked almost as great as the teal. :)

Also, on the mother site, the Mariners 2012 BP cap is solid blue. Are they really dropping the beal-billed BP cap?

Archived