New for 2012: Revised Philadelphia Union Primary/Secondary Kits

tBBP

Got this via my fan e-mail a couple days ago. I'm pretty sure it's all up on the team website by now, but here's a quick description:

The new primary jersey is inspired by the club's first primary jersey, maintaining a navy blue base with a gold center stripe. The new version features thicker signal blue piping, as well as a center stripe that extends to the collar and narrows as it reaches the bottom.

The new secondary jersey is a complete variation from the original gold secondary jersey, featuring a signal blue base and a white center stripe flanked by gold piping.

And the visual...

utf-8BMjAxMnVuaW9ua2l0cy5qcGc.jpg

(There's a YouTube video of this unveiling as well--but I have no clue how to link to it with my BlackBerry.)

All in all, the best-looking identity in MLS (of course I'm extremely biased in that regard--check my sig) just got even better. And it looks like at some point, I'll be investing in a new Christmas present for myself.

Thoughts/opinions on the new stuff?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I still laugh at the Bimbo sponsorship.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

It's shaped like a women's jersey.

My first thought as well. That tapered center stripe is exactly the kind of cut that would be used on a women's cut replica jersey. It's probably subtle enough that you wouldn't even notice it in action, though I do feel like even that mockup gives a hint of a feminine shape due to the taper.

The change kit is a huge improvement over the old old gold one, though. (See what I did there? Clever me!)

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

"This jersey design is too clean, straightforward, and simple. How can we crap it up?"

--adidas/Reebok, 2001-Present

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

"This jersey design is too clean, straightforward, and simple. How can we crap it up?"

--adidas/Reebok, 2001-Present

Adidas designed the original one...

They sure did. Designed the original Sounders kit, too. Seen that one lately?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The change kit is a huge improvement over the old old gold one, though. (See what I did there? Clever me!)

Would you like a new New Jersey jersey too?

PotD ribbon, anyone?

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Slang term for an airheaded woman on the front? Check

Pre-recent update Buffalo Bills-esque dark jersey with abysmal piping? Check

...all this needs is some BFBS and we'll be set.

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

Archived