Logos That Don't Disappoint

raysox

The Frozen Four logos have taken a turn for the better since their new wordmark in 2007. The problem is, I believe they have gone to tweaked design of the same thing like how the Super Bowl has just started.

2007ffmens.jpg

ncaa_ff_2008.jpg

2009_frozen_four_logo.jpg

frozen-four-2010-logo1-300x228.jpg

2011%2BFrozen%2BFour%2BTickets.jpg

FrozenFourLogoTamp.jpg

As you can see, 2011 and 2012 are different, but the same. It's actually not a bad look, but I liked how each die-cut patch previous to that looked on the jerseys.

I'm officially jealous... the Frozen Four needs to come back to MKE to give us something better than the clunky, clipart-y, monstrosity we got last time.

2006%20Frozen%20Four%20Authentic%20Patch.jpg

Does anyone else see the state outline and the ® making an exclamation mark on FROZEN?

Each year a team "hosts" the Frozen Four. This year it's Alabama-Huntsville, the only southern team in NCAA hockey (until they drop the program after this season is over). They chose Tampa. The NCAA doesn't care much because they sell out well before the tournament anyways. I know many northerners up here are excited about going to Tampa as a change of pace in a warmer climate.

In 2013 it's going to Pittsburgh, and in 2014 it will be in Philadelphia. I found it kind of odd that PA is hosting back-to-back.

SIG1.png

SIG2.pngSIG3.png

probably in the minority, but I've enjoyed the MLB postseason logos since they went to the leaf motif

My only concern is that they'll probably run out of ways to tweak it soon and then pull an NFL.

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

Archived