Logos That Don't Disappoint

raysox

Never really paid attention to these before and I gotta say, I agree with you wholeheartedly. Might be biased but the Vancouver one is definitely best of the bunch. Edmonton's is lacking cause it doesn't feature as much of the civic aspect besides the stadium.

I really don't know of any others anually that don't dissapoint.

The Super Bowl lost that out. The Stanley Cup logos are nice and classic, but nothing special in terms of logos.

Those Grey Cup logos are really nice.

2ly2w09.jpg

After seeing all those Grey Cup logos, and their long-established lineage of standardization while still maintaining an aestheticaslly pleasing flavor unique to the respective host cities, I've got just this one thing to say:

"Hey...NFL!! You're doing it wrong."

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

The Frozen Four logos have taken a turn for the better since their new wordmark in 2007. The problem is, I believe they have gone to tweaked design of the same thing like how the Super Bowl has just started.

2007ffmens.jpg

ncaa_ff_2008.jpg

2009_frozen_four_logo.jpg

frozen-four-2010-logo1-300x228.jpg

2011%2BFrozen%2BFour%2BTickets.jpg

FrozenFourLogoTamp.jpg

As you can see, 2011 and 2012 are different, but the same. It's actually not a bad look, but I liked how each die-cut patch previous to that looked on the jerseys.

SIG1.png

SIG2.pngSIG3.png

After seeing all those Grey Cup logos, and their long-established lineage of standardization while still maintaining an aestheticaslly pleasing flavor unique to the respective host cities, I've got just this one thing to say:

"Hey...NFL!! You're doing it wrong."

Hit the nail on the head. The NFL should look to their neighbors in the north to get logo design for championships truly right.

~~~~~~

Tampa's naturally the first place I think of when I think of college hockey.

How? I would think Minnesota.

He's being sarcastic.

~~~~~~

The Winter Classic logos have been pretty solid so far.

Agreed, though Boston and Pittsburgh are the best so far.

ax1y0e3a0ghzg9vjextqxqq4z.gif

h0g7abhmg5fsgsugj2g0kpmug.gif

o0mdfgfp2b7fhn3kcl7hz2ko6.gif

8s1jrf6zfov8anyghih0bjeh0.gif

r63rx8arj44es0oxhuaaxkc8p.gif

spacer.png

The Frozen Four logos have taken a turn for the better since their new wordmark in 2007. The problem is, I believe they have gone to tweaked design of the same thing like how the Super Bowl has just started.

2007ffmens.jpg

ncaa_ff_2008.jpg

2009_frozen_four_logo.jpg

frozen-four-2010-logo1-300x228.jpg

2011%2BFrozen%2BFour%2BTickets.jpg

FrozenFourLogoTamp.jpg

As you can see, 2011 and 2012 are different, but the same. It's actually not a bad look, but I liked how each die-cut patch previous to that looked on the jerseys.

I'm officially jealous... the Frozen Four needs to come back to MKE to give us something better than the clunky, clipart-y, monstrosity we got last time.

2006%20Frozen%20Four%20Authentic%20Patch.jpg

MLS All Star logos are generally pretty solid, especially considering how they have to work a sponsor logo in there most of the time.

http://sportslogos.net/team.php?id=1947

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived