Tebow vs. Sanchez

texfischer

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Tim Tebow is a fun story and I'm getting a real kick out of how pissed off people seem to be over his "success." I'm rooting for him. That said, Tim Tebow is nothing more than a modern day Bobby Douglass. (look him up young folk) Mark Sanchez reminds me of Marc Wilson. Neither Sanchez or Tebow are going to be leading their teams to the Super Bowl but there's no question that Sanchez is the better QB of the two.

Besides, if Denver's defense isn't playing as well as they are, we're not even talking about how many "wins" Tebow has as a starter. The Denver D is what's allowing Tebow to "win" games.

BB52Big.jpg

Tim Tebow is a fun story and I'm getting a real kick out of how pissed off people seem to be over his "success." I'm rooting for him. That said, Tim Tebow is nothing more than a modern day Bobby Douglass. (look him up young folk) Mark Sanchez reminds me of Marc Wilson. Neither Sanchez or Tebow are going to be leading their teams to the Super Bowl but there's no question that Sanchez is the better QB of the two.

Besides, if Denver's defense isn't playing as well as they are, we're not even talking about how many "wins" Tebow has as a starter. The Denver D is what's allowing Tebow to "win" games.

My friend...have you forgotten that this is the Year of the Quarterback?? :P

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

its amazing watching Tebow play every week and watch him not be able to make the throws you think an NFL QB should be able to make. But he finds a way to win and at the end of the day thats the most important thing. He also has the entire Bronco's team buying into that type of play (even though Elway prays he loses every week).

Sanchez makes too many mistakes but the Bronco's dont let Tebow throw enough to make those kind of mistakes. Both guys would be scrutinized a whole lot more if their respective defenses werent as good as they are.

Sanchez has 3 full years under his belt? Tebow is still working on 1 complete season? Ask again in 34 games.

Tebow has been a pro for two years and played his senior year in college (something Sanchez would've benefited from). In my view, that's almost a push.

Senior year in college =/= one year in NFL

That couldn't be farther from the truth. A senior year of college and rookie year of professional in the NFL is not a wash. There are exceptions, but for the vast majority, its a big difference. You can't honestly say, with any sort of knowledge, that a senior year and a rookie year are basically the same.

Just because Tebow was a rookie last year, doesn't mean he actually played 16 games. If I remember, didn't he only start like the last 3 weeks and he hasn't started all 12 weeks or whatever of this season. NFL play results in NFL adjustments. Senior year of college play doesn't result in NFL adjustments.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Sanchez has 3 full years under his belt? Tebow is still working on 1 complete season? Ask again in 34 games.

Tebow has been a pro for two years and played his senior year in college (something Sanchez would've benefited from). In my view, that's almost a push.

We're talking 40-something professional starts to about 9. The fact that somebody can even justify asking this question speaks volumes about Mark Sanchez. The college football he played wasn't even in a pro system.

As for Tebow, he isn't really all that good right now, but he's not as bad as people make him out to be. But when you give him a chance to win games, he takes his team down field and wins games. Give him some WR's and TE's that are worth a damn and a coach who's creative enough to properly utilize his talents and take advantage of defenses putting 8 and 9 in the box instead of running the same, predictable plays over and over again and I think he can be more productive on offense. I'd also take advantage of that Denver altitude and run more no huddle's. If they had a fast WR who was a threat to beat defenses down field, it'd create some problems for defenses. Eric Decker really isn't that guy. The guy doesn't throw INT's... that has to be worth something.

IUe6Hvh.png

So, in summary...

The question is, which is better, McDonald's or Wendy's?

The answer is... they aren't steak.

Actually with the new Wendy's Burgers, the answer is obviously Wendy's.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

The real question with Tebow is if he looks horrible winning, will it really matter in the end? If Tebow keeps winning and it's ugly, will Bronco fans and management care? Absolutely not. It's not about form, it's about W's and Tebow seems to get the job done. Again, it's one season, so let's put all the comparisons to bed until we have a few seasons to compare him to someone. And when I say compare, I'm talking W's, because ultimately that's what matters, how many W's he delivers.

We're talking 40-something professional starts to about 9. The fact that somebody can even justify asking this question speaks volumes about Mark Sanchez. The college football he played wasn't even in a pro system.

As for Tebow, he isn't really all that good right now, but he's not as bad as people make him out to be. But when you give him a chance to win games, he takes his team down field and wins games. Give him some WR's and TE's that are worth a damn and a coach who's creative enough to properly utilize his talents and take advantage of defenses putting 8 and 9 in the box instead of running the same, predictable plays over and over again and I think he can be more productive on offense. I'd also take advantage of that Denver altitude and run more no huddle's. If they had a fast WR who was a threat to beat defenses down field, it'd create some problems for defenses. Eric Decker really isn't that guy. The guy doesn't throw INT's... that has to be worth something.

I'm honestly surprised that guy is still in the League. Dude was a concussion case (along with various other injuries) while in college at Minnesota, but when he WAS on the field, he was darn good player. Good to see he's still out there doing it.

As for Tebow...it's not that he doesn't throw, it's that he takes so long to throw. (And this is coming from someone who thought Byron Leftwich could count sheep while winding up to throw.) I think Tebow sees when's the perfect time to throw, the problem is it takes so long for the ball to come out of his hand that it actually cuts a solid second off his timing...its been that way since college. But every now and then he manages to get a ball in there for a pretty completion. Overall, though, we're pretty much watching Bobby Douglass reincarnated, only the bigger version. (And that's another thing some people forget...Tebow ain't no little dude. He goes for like 250 or something like that...he can take some punishment, and dish it back out.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived