Flyers "Orange Out"

Joshawaggie

Is it me or do the Flyers fans all wearing orange make it look like an empty building. From cetain camera angles they look like empty seats!

yes! i was worried i was going crazy or something...yeah, it is wierd, it's like Toronto/Long Island two years ago, everyone in Long Island wore white shirt, you couldnm't tell if they were empty seats or fans in jerseys...

The weirdest was Calgary which seemed to execute the "C" of Red to perfection that the building looked empty. The thing to remember though it that the seats of the Saddledome are green.

The thing with the Flyers "Orange-out" is that they don't wear the orange jerseys in the playoffs at the home anymore.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Who did the color thing first, the college or pro teams? I'm sort of curious about that, because it seems logical that it would originate with the colleges (who don't change colors when the next wave of trendy design comes along). It's only a recent tradition at my alma mater (UW-Milwaukee) that we started to do "Blackout" or all-gold games at our home arena...

QPR%20Sig.png

Is it me or do the Flyers fans all wearing orange make it look like an empty building. From cetain camera angles they look like empty seats!

My brother saw it briefly in game 4 or 5, and was convinced they had over half the arena empty. Had to show him again today that there were actually people there.

Go Jets Go (back to Winnipeg)!

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I never felt like it made the building look empty. I think it's great when fans do that. :notworthy: to the Jets who originated it, but I love all the Red and Orange in Calgary and Philly.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Winnipeg originated it with the white out and they are still the masters.

The Sea of Red came first--the Jets borrowed it from the Flames one year in the playoffs--I forget which year...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Yeah -- 19,000 people wearing pretty much the same orange shirt or atleast some form of orange in most cases looks amazing -- as it does with any other color but I think orange more-so because of the uniqueness of the color in professional sports.

What a great game they all got to witness. Regardless of the awards St. Louis recieves, I think Primeau is still the best player on the ice for either team.

IUe6Hvh.png

Seems weird to me that the Flyers, who now wear black at home, have their fans in orange t-shirts so as to not match the team. Whoops! Calgary's works much better in my mind, seeing as the fans don't even need the red t-shirts as most of them are already wearing those snazzy red Flames sweaters.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Archived