RT24 NHL Logo Concepts. Meshing New and Old

rosstaylor24

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nice usage of the old horse logo! great throwback!

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

@TimEOBrien feel free to do your own version. You can even use my set up if you like. Maybe you could try the opposite route and lean the look of the logo/colours etc. towards the team that wasn't dominant. I'd much rather see that than a concept that is a simple re-colour or microscopic tweak of an existing image.

Thoughts?

ChicagoBlackCougars-1.jpg

I like the Flames/Cowboys one--except it would be better without the horse head, that's not a very well liked logo among many Flames fans (Yes there are those who like it, but there was little complaining when the team dumped it.)

Maybe the stripes could be red/yellow/red, but still I like the concept.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

nice detail here.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

know the rectangle is apart of the cougars history but you gotta lose it. just put the feathers behind the ear and it's perfect.

I'd love to see your Colorado logo recolored in current avalanche colors. It's one of the most solid logos i've ever seen.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

Just one final word on this series. I just wanted to thank everyone who followed it and took the time to make a c&c. The feedback was fantastic and really kept me wanting to do more. I've posted some stuff on other sites but this was my first one on here. Hopefully I inspired some to try concepts of their own or at least look at logos differently. I don't think we as a group give enough credit to the people and companies that make these logos. It is very easy to say something sucks after you see it but to start with a clean sheet of paper and be asked to create something magical is an extremely difficult task.

For those interested I may post the art for my next project. It is a series of items I create for my friends as we have an outdoor hockey weekend on a lake in Northern Ontario. Think 14 guys, two cottages and all the food and beer you can drink while playing hockey outdoors. Each person gets a set of hockey cards, player pass, program, gameday tickets etc. If any of you follow the good dr. he is doing something similar for the winter classic next year (check it out, its great)

the final installment a tweak to the Chicago Cougar Hawks logo.

Roccot

ChicagoCougarHawkslogo.jpg

KEEP GOING!!!

what about anaheim?? I'd love to see your spin on mixing the two

interested in just doing a over haul on NHL team logos making them better? I'd be dialed in to see what you could come up with.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

For those interested I may post the art for my next project.

I'd be interested rt. Great series.

same here buddy.

For those interested I may post the art for my next project.

I'd be interested rt. Great series.

same here buddy.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived