RT24 NHL Logo Concepts. Meshing New and Old

rosstaylor24

can you do a shoulder patch for the blues using the trumpet logo?

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've already commented on some in the old thread, but that Blue Eagles I haven't--I like how you tied in the eagle's wing and the Blues' note.

Even if the flags (lines off the stem of the note) are going the wrong way--it still looks cool, and ties them together--however it would be cool to have the eagle face the other way so the note is correct as well.

But either way--it's a coll look.

The Flaming Thrashers is good, but not quite as good as it seems a little mashed.

And while the Atlanta Flames had a more traditional style jersey, the Thrashers didn't so using that kind of uni template for them works.

But I'd still like to see some more--like the Philadelphia Flying Quakers--or a mix of the Pittsburgh Pirates & the Penguins--and a combo of the Nordiques and the old Quebec Bulldogs...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

i have got ANOTHER ONE. the MAROONS and CANADIENS!

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

A little too Calgary for my taste. Try working the stick from the Blazers logo into the diagonal stroke of the P.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

wow! amazing job

You did a great job (as usual) at merging those two logos into something coherent. If that crest was applied to a jersey that was for sale, I would probably buy it. The one thing I'm not feeling though is the use of the old All Star template from 2007.

remove the flag from the logo and place it in a circle with stars around it.

Nice use of your New York Guardians shoulder patch, but to me, it will always be New York, not Columbus.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

The columbus logo is absolutely amazing. I'm astounded with how well this series is working.

I have one recommendation with the Blue Crusaders though: change the helmet to silver. Perhaps I'm being an oversensitive historian here, but I can't help but look at that guy and instantly think "he looks like a Klan member". The cross on the helmet certainly doesn't help. It's accurate concerning the crusaders, but associations certainly change over time.

More silver, less white, and I think it would be perfect.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Love the Columbus logo , you did a great job. Just a couple things I would change , I agree the helmet could be silver as suggested above. Also the shield pattern is a bit busy for my liking. Maybe use the Blue Jacket star ? Just a thought. But this whole series is awesome ! Great work

Archived