RT24 NHL Logo Concepts. Meshing New and Old

rosstaylor24

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tks everyone... next up is the New Jersey Devil Knights

@ jakemon08 - I hadn't really thought of it but if you have a suggestion I may give it a try.

Yes! mine is finally picked! thanks so much!

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

for DL Watt. tks for the suggestion. Some logos just work. Some of the other requests won't work because their logos suck, not because I don't want to do them.

CarolinaHurriWhales.jpg

Holy crap that's awesome!!! they should totally use that as a logo !(JUST KIDDING) I think the logo is really cool. you combined them amazingly.

Jersey strong, Brooklyn ready.

I just discovered this thread today (so glad I did! Great work!). The "Hurriwhales" concept looks really cool but busy. Also, as charger77 suggested, most Whalers fans from Connecticut call them the "Whalercanes"

Anyway, not to steal your thunder by any means, I had done a similar idea using the Whalers' old alternate "Pucky" logo...

whalercanes.png

believew.jpg

The Toros logo that started it all for me. Possibly my favourite logo in all of sports. As a kid I went to many Toros games, put Leaf games to shame back in the day. Just realized that statement dates me pretty good.

torontomapletoros.jpg

That logo was the same as the Birmingham Bulls (minus the maple leaf), which was the first hockey team my dad took me to see as a kid!

This series has the potential to be one of the all-time greats. Keep up the good work.

Since you haven't touched the Nordiques yet, I'd love to see what you could do in mashing the igloo logo with the unused husky logo.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

that devil knights one looks cool. your right sabotu it not being the best one out there but it still looks great!

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

@TimEOBrien feel free to do your own version. You can even use my set up if you like. Maybe you could try the opposite route and lean the look of the logo/colours etc. towards the team that wasn't dominant. I'd much rather see that than a concept that is a simple re-colour or microscopic tweak of an existing image.

Nice work on the newer ones--since you're combining NHL & WHA--how about the Calgary Flames & the Calgary Cowboys?

Although the name could be tricky.

Maybe the Western Flames?

I'm enjoying the revival of the thread.

And it's nice seeing all the logos so far in one place.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Nice work on the newer ones--since you're combining NHL & WHA--how about the Calgary Flames & the Calgary Cowboys?

Although the name could be tricky.

Maybe the Western Flames?

The Calgary Flaming Cowboys

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I really like the Golden Sharks, Blue Crusaders and Wild Stars.

I'm not really feeling the Devil Knights, though, for one main reason... the 'N' part of the Devils' logo is supposed to be a wing, and now it's got a horsehead growing out of it... if you could have somehow planted the horsehead on the horned side, I think it might have turned out more logically.

And yeah, Flaming Cowboys sounds very Brokeback. I say run with it lol

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Archived