Canucks concept

nash61

CanucksFull.png

The logos:The skate logo has been simplified and recoloured to fit their current look. I moved the outline to the inside, and tried to match the stick-in-the-rink logos in terms of style. Those same stick-in-the-rink logos have been placed on the shoulders. Unlike their current alternate jersey, the chest logo and shoulder patch changes colours depending on the colour of the jersey on which it is placed.

The jerseys: I went back to the team's original jersey, but with simplified striping. The number font is the same as the current one, only 25% wider, mimicking the original wider numbers.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I love the incorporation of the V into the sleeves. I thought that was a really cool touch on the 40th anniversary jerseys. I'm not sold on the logo, though.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

now this could defintiely be a good throwback jersey. it could be used in a winter classic.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

I really like the sweaters Nash; the white one's fantastic in the way that the big "V" runs into the sweater colour.

I'm not as sold on the logo, although it's close.

The white does look a little too figure-skatish.

Maybe the tendon guard on the skate needs to be added.

Nice overall look though.

Well, the Sedins do have the toughness of figure skaters, so the color of the skate on the away jersey works perfectly.

Us sports logo enthusiasts really appreciate your constructive criticism on these boards, thanks.

As for the concept itself, I certainly can't fault the execution though I'm not a fan of the skate logo coming back. To be blunt, it simply was never that great of a logo to begin with though thats hardly your fault. I do really like the vintage inspired striping and the decision to make the stick n' rink white on the Blue jersey. The Blue stick n' rink on the current Home jersey is really starting to bother me.

Solid work.

I traced an actual picture of a tube skate, and here's what I came up with. Better?

NewSkate5.png

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Back to page one.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Well, the Sedins do have the toughness of figure skaters, so the color of the skate on the away jersey works perfectly.

Us sports logo enthusiasts really appreciate your constructive criticism on these boards, thanks.

Oh, stop it. Just a little friendly ribbing.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I like the idea--the skate still needs a bit of tweaking to look more hockey like--but it is way better than the orca...

I like the logo but I disagree with that. The orca is second only to the modern stick-in-rink.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Bump because no one has given feedback about the new skate logo.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I would add maybe just a few lines or something like on the letters, just to make the skate look like it's in motion. Just like the wordmark.

A little bit of blue details within the skate would improve the logo, I think. It would reduce the large amount of plain white space that the skate leaves.

I'm not the best explainer of things out there, so I hope you at least get my point.

Archived