Even more logo recycling

Raymie

A surprise discovery has led me to all the nation's women's football leagues. While most have unique looks, others just don't.

http://www.wfafootball.com/ ? This league seems like it's got some good identities. Exception: the Wisconsin Wolves might be smelling a lawsuit from Elmira soon.

http://wsflfootball.net/ ? This one's got a few more problems. I know for sure that the rhino's from somewhere, and just look at the Louisville Belles! (Any WFL or USFL recycling gets applause from us logo geeks.)

Indoor and women's football are about at the same level (indoor gets a slight edge), so this is to be expected. At least there appear to be original looks!

A surprise discovery has led me to all the nation's women's football leagues. While most have unique looks, others just don't.

http://www.wfafootball.com/ — This league seems like it's got some good identities. Exception: the Wisconsin Wolves might be smelling a lawsuit from Elmira soon.

http://wsflfootball.net/ — This one's got a few more problems. I know for sure that the rhino's from somewhere, and just look at the Louisville Belles! (Any WFL or USFL recycling gets applause from us logo geeks.)

Indoor and women's football are about at the same level (indoor gets a slight edge), so this is to be expected. At least there appear to be original looks!

WSFL Arkansas Rampage is a reuse of the UFL's Florida Tuskers' logo, the Belles the Showboats of the USFL (like you mentioned) and the Baltimore Burn looks familiar but I can't place it.

I love the Pittsburgh Passion's logo, and they're an awesome team to watch. Some of their games were on ESPN3 last season.

The WFA site has a team listed as the "Memphis WTF." Professional!

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Women's Tackle Football...

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Women's Tackle Football...

And I could go down to Australia and start up the Canberra United Netball Tournament. Sometimes you just gotta watch your acronyms.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

http://www.wfafootball.com/ ? This league seems like it's got some good identities. Exception: the Wisconsin Wolves might be smelling a lawsuit from Elmira soon.

http://wsflfootball.net/ ? This one's got a few more problems. I know for sure that the rhino's from somewhere, and just look at the Louisville Belles! (Any WFL or USFL recycling gets applause from us logo geeks.)

The Btimore Burn looks like the Miami Heat logo, except with a football

What's with all the z's at the end of the team namez?

Some of those nicknames are absolutely shocking for Womens teams.

Bruisers and Knockouts in WSFL

Assasins, Zydeco?, Machine, Sabres, Dynamite, Spartans in the WAFL

And don't get me started on those Skull logos srsly they are crap as Womens logos.

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

I forgot an entire large league (sorry to double post):

http://iwflsports.com/

All identities are original, though their quality does vary. (Arlington Impact...?)

Carolina Phoenix and Memphis Belles are my favorites by far. They're excellent.

teamlogossig.png

There comes a point when you don't stand for the constant heartbreak anymore, and walk away.

Clarksville FOX?????? idiots Vixen is a great womens identity. Yes i realise there is a club with the vixen identity, but come on common sense please.

Phoenix Phantomz, another Z zzzz snore fest Flames, Firebirds is taken

Modesto Maniax, oh my goodness

Sac Sirens, Tuscon Monsoon and Memphis Belles are my favourite.

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

I'm not sexist in any way but women's pro football just doesn't do it for me.

This wasn't really adding anything to the conversation. More logo talk, please.

I have a Minnesota Vixen t-shirt; that really is a sharp logo.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

really???? :blink:

okay, well the logos are bad too. does that work? I was merely making a quick comment. have you read any of the other threads on this site in the past 6 years? to have THIS comment called out by a moderator is hilarious. Sorry if I completely derailed this thread but I thought it was worth mentioning.

When I saw Modesto Maniax I was expecting a bad XFL ripoff. (Luckily, it wasn't.)

I have to agree. That Minnesota Vixen identity is sharp. These teams can take some really cool risks that even high schools can't. Other favorites all around are the Los Angeles Amazons, Tucson Monsoon, and Sacramento Sirens.

...wow. :rolleyes:

There's actually some pretty cool logos in that IWFL league-- but the quality variance is pretty ridiculous. Like how do they get some that look professional, and then have a league logo that looks like it was taken from MS Word clipart?

I had no idea PHX even had a team. Good news is, only 86 days until the start of the 2012 season! </sarcasm>

The Phoenix metro has two teams, one in the WFA and another in the IWFL. The WFA team plays out at Apollo High School, and the IWFL team uses Central High as its home field.

Someone on the double redo the Schenectady Nitro, Arlington Impact, Black Mamba's [sic], and the Clarksville Fox! (The NorCal Red Hawks don't even HAVE an identity, so that should be taken care of.)

The Memphis Belles may be the greatest sports name ever.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memphis_Belle_(aircraft)

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived