Seattle Lumberjacks

OchentaYOcho88

I've been messing around with a logo for my NHA proposal and this is where I am so far:

I'm really thinking about going with the common North West Green/Blue color scheme with green being a primary color but I also have just a plain black and white (and yellow) logo. I'm open to all ideas for any other logos, I don't have much talent so please keep that in mind when suggesting ideas.

Lumberjacks-1.png

Lumberjacks.png

C&C is appreciated, thanks for taking a look.

~OYO

What do you guys think of this?

Lumberjacks-2.png

I fixed the stroke on the hockey stick.

I also decided to finish up the uniforms:

JaxUniform-1.png

EDIT: I forgot to add the "C" and "A"

That defiantly looks much better and I like it

Bucknut40.pngOhioStatebanner.png

#RaiderUp

Twitter-@R_Redinger4 My Blog-Southwest Ohio Football

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

The curve on the type is off from the curve of the circle just enough to look bad.

Also, it made me think of this, which might not be as big of a deal except for the geographic proximity to Seattle.

portland_timbers.jpg

Portland-Timbers-Army.png

And the ongoing rivalry between Seattle and Portland.

spacer.png

I really appreciate all of the C&C guys. I've made some changes:

Changes

-Changed to a lighter green

-Added green circle version of the logo

-Added an alt uniform for S&G's

What I'm currently working on:

-I'm trying to correct the arch of the lettering in the logos, but my Inkscape keeps freezing when I begin to bend the path. Whenever my 'top decides it wants to cooperate I'll continue that work.

I'm going to continue to mess around with the logo and work on a should patch, just don't like any of my ideas enough. Suggestions are welcome.

Lumberjacks-3.png

JaxUniform-2.png

Edit:

JaxUniform-3.png

Questions:

Do you think I should add brown into the color scheme?

Should I make the axe and hockey "wood" brown?

Which ALT do you prefer?

Thanks for checking out my thread.

~OYO

I'd add stripes to the shorts--maybe axe shaped ones...

I'm trying to stay away from any kind of "gimmicky" elements, I did have the thought but axed it... bad pun intended lol.

Logo looks a million times better with the skyline breaking up some of the white space.

Only issue is the font you used. It seems too "Hallowen"-y/Western and something about it doesn't work for me.

I'm not sure where you get the a "Halloween" vibe, if you could elaborate on it I would really appreciate it and if you have any suggestions on a font I'd look into it.

The more I look at the circle logo the more I feel it needs to be a shoulder patch. I took the script logo from the alt to see how looked as a primary sweater logo

JaxUniform-4.png

Not sure what I like better the original set up I had, or this. I'm leaning toward this because in my mind it looks like a complete sweater rather than half-done sweater.

Logo looks a million times better with the skyline breaking up some of the white space.

Only issue is the font you used. It seems too "Hallowen"-y/Western and something about it doesn't work for me.

I'm not sure where you get the a "Halloween" vibe, if you could elaborate on it I would really appreciate it and if you have any suggestions on a font I'd look into it.

Haha, I don't know. Whatever it is, it just doesn't seem to work with the rest of the set. I see what you were trying to do though. Something combining both sharp/rounded edges would go with the axe theme. Then again, a more 'standard' block would play up the faux-back-ness of it all (crest logo, et alia).

I thought I would go ahead and mess around with the farm team. I am hoping to take over ownership of the Seattle Spacemen and currently the farm team is located in Tacoma and I don't see the need to change locations.

I really like when farm teams use the same look as their big league franchise. So, I decided to go with similar look as the Lumberjacks but I've added smaller stripes along with the same hem and sleeve stripes very similar to the Toronto Maple Leafs' throwbacks.

Loggers-1.png

EDIT: I've decided to go with the color scheme of the same green as the Lumberjacks but instead of the blue the Loggers will wear black. I'll edit the logo to reflect this later.

LogsUniform.png

C&C is always appreciated. If I don't get any C&C I'll most likely place these on a identity slick and call the project finished for now.

Thanks for taking a look.

~OYO

• 1 month later...

JaxUniform-5.png

I haven't put much work into this until today I saw the NAHL fantasy league was looking for a new owner. I was playing around and added a mew pair of alts that in my mind would be used for games played on a certain day of the week every year such as Friday Night or Sunday uniforms.

C&C is always welcome and thanks for taking a look.

~OYO

Archived