College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HGI said on Facebook yesterday that the white Arkansas helmet is their Pro Combat helmet.

Not exactly.

What they said was "HGI has once again worked with Nike to develop a unique helmet using the HydroSkin® process, this time for the Arkansas Razorbacks 2012 Nike Pro Combat uniform."

I still don't get why so many people are confused by this. Pro combat is not the same thing as pro combat rivalry. Pro comabt is just the material and template of the uniform and baselayer. Pro combat rivlary is that same stuff but with a special 1-game design.

A helmet can't be pro combat, but it can be part of a pro combat rivalry uniform. I don't think this white one is, though, because it isn't different enough and it wouldn't be unveiled now it if it was.

The headline above the line you quoted said "Arkansas Razorbacks 2012 Nike Pro Combat Helmets by HGI." And as you can see, I never mentioned "pro combat rivalry" so there's no confusion here!

Look, if you (or HGI) wants to be wrong, I can't help you. Just letting you know that a helmet can't be "pro combat" so you can avoid looking ignorant in the future if you want.

HGI said on Facebook yesterday that the white Arkansas helmet is their Pro Combat helmet.

Not exactly.

What they said was "HGI has once again worked with Nike to develop a unique helmet using the HydroSkin® process, this time for the Arkansas Razorbacks 2012 Nike Pro Combat uniform."

I still don't get why so many people are confused by this. Pro combat is not the same thing as pro combat rivalry. Pro comabt is just the material and template of the uniform and baselayer. Pro combat rivlary is that same stuff but with a special 1-game design.

A helmet can't be pro combat, but it can be part of a pro combat rivalry uniform. I don't think this white one is, though, because it isn't different enough and it wouldn't be unveiled now it if it was.

The headline above the line you quoted said "Arkansas Razorbacks 2012 Nike Pro Combat Helmets by HGI." And as you can see, I never mentioned "pro combat rivalry" so there's no confusion here!

Look, if you (or HGI) wants to be wrong, I can't help you. Just letting you know that a helmet can't be "pro combat" so you can avoid looking ignorant in the future if you want.

In my original statement, I only said that HGI said it is Arkansas' Pro Combat Helmet. If you want to argue with what they are calling their product, you can argue with them. I wish I could help you avoid looking like a dick in the future, but I can't.

Not exactly.

In my original statement, I only said that HGI said it is Arkansas' Pro Combat Helmet. If you want to argue with what they are calling their product, you can argue with them. I wish I could help you avoid looking like a dick in the future, but I can't.

What's your point? It's incorrect. But you posted it. I was trying to help you (and anyone else you may have confused) by posting it. You obviously thought it was a correct statement or you wouldn't have posted it without a correction.

It's obviously a little abstract yeah, but I think if you showed a curved zigzag pattern to a million Arkansas fans, they'd get the reference.

The Chargers? I bet you the Arkansas fans wouldn't get the reference unless they were told, and I'm pretty sure I know more Arkansas fans than you.

If you wanted to get the reference, the serrations should have been shorter and in greater quantity. Like a saw.

Really? That's your argument. Are you pretty sure you know more Arkansas fans then me?

I'm pretty sure I know more saw blades than you, and there are some with very few serration's (that's a joke btw). Plus were not really talking about saws are we?

I spent a year in Fayetteville. Unless you can top that, I'm pretty sure I'm more familiar with Arkansas fans than you.

And a sawtooth pattern would both be more distinctive AND fit with the razorback identity better than stripes that look to be Charger Clones.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Not exactly.

What's your point? It's incorrect. But you posted it. I was trying to help you (and anyone else you may have confused) by posting it. You obviously thought it was a correct statement or you wouldn't have posted it without a correction.

It is a correct statement. HGI said on their Facebook page "Arkansas Razorbacks 2012 Nike Pro Combat Helmets by HGI" and posted the pics. You can check it yourself. I never said this helmet is made of pro combat material or is for a rivalry game. I only said what HGI had posted.

Not exactly.

It is a correct statement. HGI said on their Facebook page "Arkansas Razorbacks 2012 Nike Pro Combat Helmets by HGI" and posted the pics. You can check it yourself. I never said this helmet is made of pro combat material or is for a rivalry game. I only said what HGI had posted.

And what I am telling you is that HGI is mistaken. There is no such thing as a pro combat helmet. I could call a carrot a pro combat carrot, but that wouldn't make it one. Not sure why you are so set on being wrong.

Not exactly.

And what I am telling you is that HGI is mistaken. There is no such thing as a pro combat helmet. I could call a carrot a pro combat carrot, but that wouldn't make it one. Not sure why you are so set on being wrong.

I don't see why you don't understand that I'm not arguing that point with you. I ONLY QUOTED HGI. Therefore, I'm not wrong. If I mis-quoted them, I would be WRONG. I'm not saying they are right or wrong (although they can call a helmet made by them anything they want to), I only said they posted it on Facebook. Do you understand yet???

Not exactly.

Will you both please knock it the hell off? Conduct your debate via PM . . . . or not at all. Yeah, that'd be the better alternative.

Not exactly.

Will you both please knock it the hell off? Conduct your debate via PM . . . . or not at all. Yeah, that'd be the better alternative.

I guess we'd be allowed to continue a debate if the subject were whether or not teams should use black or whether or not Oregon uses school colors, but that's all.

Not exactly.

I don't see why you don't understand that I'm not arguing that point with you. I ONLY QUOTED HGI. Therefore, I'm not wrong. If I mis-quoted them, I would be WRONG. I'm not saying they are right or wrong (although they can call a helmet made by them anything they want to), I only said they posted it on Facebook. Do you understand yet???

Pro Combat is a Nike term, so no, they couldn't decide to call it that if they wanted.

I know you quoted HGI, but you quoted an incorrect statement, thereby adopting it as your own. If you weren't, why did you post it?

Sorry, thought I was in a thread dedicated to 2012 college football uniform minutia and details.

Not exactly.

Pro Combat is a Nike term, so no, they couldn't decide to call it that if they wanted.

I know you quoted HGI, but you quoted an incorrect statement, thereby adopting it as your own. If you weren't, why did you post it?

But since HGI and Nike are working together on this, couldn't they call it Pro Combat if they wanted;in agreement with Nike, of course? Just so I'm clear on this: If you quote someone, you automatically are saying you agree with their statement? I've never heard that before.

But since HGI and Nike are working together on this, couldn't they call it Pro Combat if they wanted;in agreement with Nike, of course?

Could they? Sure, but they didn't. So far the only time they have is with the pro combat rivalry stuff. I know the guys who run HGI and I know some of the guys who work on the Nike PCR stuff and there is no such thing as a pro combat helmet. Some high school interns update that facebook page and they got it wrong. I was just trying to correct their mistake before people here went around repeating it.

Just so I'm clear on this: If you quote someone, you automatically are saying you agree with their statement? I've never heard that before.

Every time? No. In this case? Yes. There was no other purpose served by quoting them and not offering further comment. I even gave you several opportunities to say you understood that no such thing existed, but you seemed to want to argue.

I know it was HGI's facebook page who originally got it wrong. I was just correcting that statement (and you if you believed it) since no such thing exists.

But since HGI and Nike are working together on this, couldn't they call it Pro Combat if they wanted;in agreement with Nike, of course?

Could they? Sure, but they didn't. So far the only time they have is with the pro combat rivalry stuff. I know the guys who run HGI and I know some of the guys who work on the Nike PCR stuff and there is no such thing as a pro combat helmet. Some high school interns update that facebook page and they got it wrong. I was just trying to correct their mistake before people here went around repeating it.

Just so I'm clear on this: If you quote someone, you automatically are saying you agree with their statement? I've never heard that before.

Every time? No. In this case? Yes. There was no other purpose served by quoting them and not offering further comment. I even gave you several opportunities to say you understood that no such thing existed, but you seemed to want to argue.

I know it was HGI's facebook page who originally got it wrong. I was just correcting that statement (and you if you believed it) since no such thing exists.

yes, I do understand that there is not a helmet made of Nike Pro Combat material. I guess we're good now.

This thread is nonstop quote boxes holy crap

Hard not to be on this type of thread.

I know there will be some more new helmets coming out soon.

Any teams were are expecting a redesign from? I guess Illinois is not getting one. SMU moved from adidas to Nike, so they should have something different looking.

This thread is nonstop quote boxes holy crap

Hard not to be on this type of thread.

I know there will be some more new helmets coming out soon.

Any teams were are expecting a redesign from? I guess Illinois is not getting one. SMU moved from adidas to Nike, so they should have something different looking.

Mississippi State will get new uniforms. I don't know about a "redesign" though.

yes, I do understand that there is not a helmet made of Nike Pro Combat material. I guess we're good now.

blame nike they are the ones that decided to create the "pro combat rivalry" campaign and use an outside vendor to make the "pro combat rivalry" helmets then decide to sell and make regular uniforms called "pro combat".

it should have been expected that many people will simply resort to calling everything associated with "pro combat" and "pro combat rivalry"----->"pro combat"

this is why I prefer numbers to words. you can't get 1 confused with 2

Seriously. The excessive box quotes are NOT necessary. I mean, for G?d's sake, learn to PM each other. A discussion usually involves a group of people, not 2 people arguing back and forth. This is the type οf behavior that causes threads to implode on themselves.

So Botiger and gdu, both of you, SHUT THE FυCK UP!!!

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Archived