College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

Seriously. The excessive box quotes are NOT necessary. I mean, for G?d's sake, learn to PM each other. A discussion usually involves a group of people, not 2 people arguing back and forth. This is the type οf behavior that causes threads to implode on themselves.

So Botiger and gdu, both of you, SHUT THE FυCK UP!!!

And it is intelligent posts by people like you that keep them going? I have to sort through pages and pages of endless rants about Oregon wearing non-school colors or another team chooses to wear black. So you can kiss my ass and skip ahead if you don't want to read it.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously. The excessive box quotes are NOT necessary. I mean, for G?d's sake, learn to PM each other. A discussion usually involves a group of people, not 2 people arguing back and forth. This is the type οf behavior that causes threads to implode on themselves.

So Botiger and gdu, both of you, SHUT THE FυCK UP!!!

That discussion was already over and everyone's moved on.

Posts like mine are supposed to knock some sense into your stubborn head where you clearly can not exhibit it yourself. .

And about Oregon rants, did you know that we also lost a thread over that very topic? Look, before you and gdu started debating, this was a fairly civil thread. Don't ruin it in the foolish attempt to win an internet fight.

Look, if you have anything more to say to me, I invite you to PM me, but I'm not feeding any trolls here any more.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Posts like mine are supposed to knock some sense into your stubborn head where you clearly can not exhibit it yourself. .

And about Oregon rants, did you know that we also lost a thread over that very topic? Look, before you and gdu started debating, this was a fairly civil thread. Don't ruin it in the foolish attempt to win an internet fight.

Look, if you have anything more to say to me, I invite you to PM me, but I'm not feeding any trolls here any more.

You could have PM'ed me if you wanted to say something to me. You don't tell someone to "Shut the F up" and then talk about it being civil.

So, anyway, does anyone know when Teambuilder will be up and running for the new NCAA 13 game?

So, anyway, does anyone know when Teambuilder will be up and running for the new NCAA 13 game?

IIRC, last year's came out near the end of June. I'd expect a similar timeframe for this year's.

I'm not holding my breath for any major additions besides the new uniforms.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

IIRC, last year's came out near the end of June. I'd expect a similar timeframe for this year's.

If you played all 5 games in the demo you unlocked last years procombat, which has me worried that they wont have those available normally. If there are any uni's that are featured in NCAA 13, EA's kept them pretty under wraps. You can usually find a few leaks in their demos. None so far. Anyone play it yet?

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

In the demo, the helmets seem to be more shiny than before, so I'm hoping they will include matte helmets in this year's edition.

If you played all 5 games in the demo you unlocked last years procombat, which has me worried that they wont have those available normally. If there are any uni's that are featured in NCAA 13, EA's kept them pretty under wraps. You can usually find a few leaks in their demos. None so far. Anyone play it yet?

No, you get the 5 Pro Combat uniforms by sharing the demo with someone else. Playing the games unlocks more players for Heisman challenge. You get the other five Pro Combat uniforms by pre-ordering the game from Amazon. It's utter horse :censored: that you have to jump through hoops to get this stuff.

No, there haven't been any leaks of uniforms in the demo, especially since you couldn't choose your team's uniform combinations when playing any of the games. It was Oregon's standard road combo vs. USC's standard home, K-State's standard road vs. Baylor's standard home and LSU's white vs. Bama's red.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Im not sure if anyone else posted this but Virginia Tech will be wearing camo helmets against Bowling Green on September 22nd for Military Appreciation Day.Link

Im not really sure if this belongs in this thread but, i think it is.

Helmets were posted way back in this thread. Also, mockups of potential uniforms to pair with them were posted a few pages back.

oh sorry didnt see that, next time i should check a thread before posting in it. :P

yeah....um ridiculous and unneccesary argument...also idk about you guys but michigan state, tcu, UGA, stanford and others, i just call their special one-off helmets their "pro combat" helmet; so maybe the term doesn't exist for YOU maybe, but if someone else wants to use it, i see no reason why not; we are all uni enthusiasts so it shouldn't be a problem and actually makes it easier when we reference a certain helmet to someone else when we call it their "pro combat" helmet

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

I doubt there will be any changes to Teambuilder other than the background color, if they even bother to change that. ESPN had a segment on Arkansas' unis. Until I saw uni watches side pic, I didn't realize the Hogs had lightning bolts/ hogs hair on the sleeves.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

The reason is because the soccer group has better designers than the football group which makes sense when you consider that Nike sells more Manchester United jerseys every year than it will NFL jerseys of every team combined this year.

That would make a lot of sense, but it's not necessarily true. It could be, but if you think about it, no matter how good the work is, or how good the people that are doing the work are, an AD or CD has to pick the work that he or she thinks is going to work the best, and the fact is, it's not always the best work (though that's subjective to a certain degree). Some of the best work in identity and uniform design is never even seen by the team.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I had heard that Ohio was going to have major changes in the near future. Can anyone disprove or confirm this?

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

yeah....um ridiculous and unneccesary argument...also idk about you guys but michigan state, tcu, UGA, stanford and others, i just call their special one-off helmets their "pro combat" helmet

You could call them a banana hammock if you wanted, but that wouldn't make it so. Those helmets are called "pro combat rivalry helmets." Pro combat is the material and system Nike uses. Pro combat rivalry is a uniform using that technology that has a special design. Those helmets would be properly called pro combat rivalry helmets.

so maybe the term doesn't exist for YOU maybe, but if someone else wants to use it, i see no reason why not

So they don't look silly. It is a Nike term and Nike has nothing to do with team's regular helmets. They do, however, have a hand in designing the special helmets that are part of the pro combat rivalry series.

I am an attorney, so I make my livelihood on using the right words, not just ones that are close to being right.

we are all uni enthusiasts so it shouldn't be a problem and actually makes it easier when we reference a certain helmet to someone else when we call it their "pro combat" helmet

How does it make it easier to use the wrong term? We are all uniform junkies here so details and precision should matter.

Like I told Botiger, you can call it whatever you want, but there is no such thing as a pro combat helmet. When most people around here use that term they are actually referring to pro combat rivalry. If you want to keep being incorrect, by all means; I was just trying to educate those who wanted to use the right term for things.

I had heard that Ohio was going to have major changes in the near future. Can anyone disprove or confirm this?

Their contract with Russell is up, but last I heard they haven't signed with anyone else yet.

http://thepost.ohiou.edu/content/russell-contract-ends-ohio-set-take-new-apparel-bids

I knew that, and I thought they had signed with Nike. Maybe that was just someone's educational guess.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Their contract with Russell is up, but last I heard they haven't signed with anyone else yet.

http://thepost.ohiou.edu/content/russell-contract-ends-ohio-set-take-new-apparel-bids

I knew that, and I thought they had signed with Nike. Maybe that was just someone's educational guess.

No signings yet, but I wouldn't be surprised. Everyone here wants to be Nikefied.

Sidenote: the writer of that post article lived across the hall from me. He does great sports writing

Manchester-City-icon.png

yeah....um ridiculous and unneccesary argument...also idk about you guys but michigan state, tcu, UGA, stanford and others, i just call their special one-off helmets their "pro combat" helmet

You could call them a banana hammock if you wanted, but that wouldn't make it so. Those helmets are called "pro combat rivalry helmets." Pro combat is the material and system Nike uses. Pro combat rivalry is a uniform using that technology that has a special design. Those helmets would be properly called pro combat rivalry helmets.

so maybe the term doesn't exist for YOU maybe, but if someone else wants to use it, i see no reason why not

So they don't look silly. It is a Nike term and Nike has nothing to do with team's regular helmets. They do, however, have a hand in designing the special helmets that are part of the pro combat rivalry series.

I am an attorney, so I make my livelihood on using the right words, not just ones that are close to being right.

we are all uni enthusiasts so it shouldn't be a problem and actually makes it easier when we reference a certain helmet to someone else when we call it their "pro combat" helmet

How does it make it easier to use the wrong term? We are all uniform junkies here so details and precision should matter.

Like I told Botiger, you can call it whatever you want, but there is no such thing as a pro combat helmet. When most people around here use that term they are actually referring to pro combat rivalry. If you want to keep being incorrect, by all means; I was just trying to educate those who wanted to use the right term for things.

All your doing is adding one little word. Outside this fourm, nodoby knows or cares about the difference. Calling out people for being "incorrect" is just causing arguments.

Saw this on a WVU board. A display of the entire grey uniform, except this picture appears to have the pro combat helmet from 2010 as opposed to the grey one pictured a few pages back. Personally I think it looks good with the pro combat helmet, but idk how reliable this source is.

Here's the link, it won't let me post the picture for whatever reason.

http://yfrog.com/oco69ztj

EDIT: That's not even the pro combat helmet actually. It looks like its similar to the pro combat but is the original original grey helmet that was shown like months ago. I'm talking like 30-40 pages back. (This one --- Here)

90758391980.gif

Archived