College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mississippi State's Helmet for next year tweeted by the equipment manger. It's the matte helmet from last year, but the logo has a silver outline. New uniforms are coming "sometime this summer".

image-300x245.jpg

Beautiful. Best helmet Miss. State has had in some time.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Mississippi State's Helmet for next year tweeted by the equipment manger. It's the matte helmet from last year, but the logo has a silver outline. New uniforms are coming "sometime this summer".

image-300x245.jpg

Love it. Great use of the matte shell.

gYH2mW9.png

Thanks, that answers my question. You can see why I thought it may be different since it was the bottom of the jersey in the picture.

I'm almost positive you'll see wILL-INI's uniforms or uniforms based on his concept next year.

So it is possible for Russell to make a uniform that doesn't totally suck. Who'd have thought it?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I hope the new MSU unis are similar to these:

sec-msu.jpg

I doubt they will be, which is good for me because those stripes drive me nuts. One on the helmet, 2 fat ones on the pants, 2 thin ones on the socks and 3 on the shoes.

miss state should wear a white helmet on occasion.

I've heard from numerous State fans that they plan to do something this year when they play A&M to commemorate the infamous "snow bowl" that they played in 2000. The prevailing thought is that they will break out the white helmets again.

d6cdbf5ca272e197f7754920ae506fd03ae38e2f.jpg?x=400&y=636&sig=f34ed263a8c330ac23ccd794e1e7c486

I've heard from numerous State fans that they plan to do something this year when they play A&M to commemorate the infamous "snow bowl" that they played in 2000. The prevailing thought is that they will break out the white helmets again.

d6cdbf5ca272e197f7754920ae506fd03ae38e2f.jpg?x=400&y=636&sig=f34ed263a8c330ac23ccd794e1e7c486

I would guess the same thing, but they won't have that logo (bc IIRC, Nike still owns it)

image-300x245.jpg

New uniforms are so unnecessary since they did this in 2009.

I would guess the same thing, but they won't have that logo (bc IIRC, Nike still owns it)

They could always create a new version of it. But I don't see why they can't just buy it from nike.

They did announce a while back they would be wearing "special" uniforms for that game, but they have said recently that they would NOT be throwbacks to those Unis. I don't see why why not, though.

They could always create a new version of it. But I don't see why they can't just buy it from nike.

They did announce a while back they would be wearing "special" uniforms for that game, but they have said recently that they would NOT be throwbacks to those Unis. I don't see why why not, though.

We already told you why. They don't own the logo, which appears on that uniform 5 times and is the main design element.

We already told you why. They don't own the logo, which appears on that uniform 5 times and is the main design element.

Did you not read the first paragraph?

Did you not read the first paragraph?

Of course I did, but it didn't make alot of sense to me. If you are creating a new version of the logo, it isn't the same logo. And if they were going to buy it from Nike, they would have already. I don't know the arrangement, but it seems bizarre in comparison to the ones Nike uses today for logos (Nike pays for the deisgn costs and owns the exclusive rights to use the new logo for a year or two, then it becomes propoerty of the school).

Anyway, most fans don't want a white helmet. I don't mind, but I like the matte maroon helmet alot. However, I've found that fans want the interlocking M-S-U ( that Nike owns) more than the "flying M" logo.

Do you think State would ever consider using the baseball logo instead?

Archived