College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is that grey or pewter? Either way it doesn't look that good, but I'll hold off until its finished.

Allegedly they are just test strips and they are going with green. We'll see...

Is that grey or pewter? Either way it doesn't look that good, but I'll hold off until its finished.

Hmmmm... interesting. That would be a Maryland type thing to do, surprise everyone at the last second with a black/coal field.

Kind of like how they came out with their regular white uniforms for warms up against Miami last year... then unveiled the Pride jerseys right at kickoff. Interesting, interesting.

90758391980.gif

photo__3_.JPG

The lightest strip just looks like some dead grass.

Iv'e never seen grey grass. You must live somewhere that gets very little rain.

When I first saw the grey grass, I was terrified until I thought they will actually have a green field-turf. I was reading online today and I saw this article on the Field Turf website. Terps Installing FieldTurf Surface at Capital One Field at Byrd Stadium I found out they would use heat-reducing technology called Coolplay. This claims to reduce temperatures up to 15 degrees. The only thing I'm wondering if it would make it too cold to play on the field in the winter.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

photo__3_.JPG

When I first saw the grey grass, I was terrified until I thought they will actually have a green field-turf. I was reading online today and I saw this article on the Field Turf website. Terps Installing FieldTurf Surface at Capital One Field at Byrd Stadium I found out they would use heat-reducing technology called Coolplay. This claims to reduce temperatures up to 15 degrees. The only thing I'm wondering if it would make it too cold to play on the field in the winter.

I suspect it reduces peak temperatures by that amount, not all the time. And why is Maryland worried about that. Is 80 degrees too hot for them?

photo__3_.JPG

I suspect it reduces peak temperatures by that amount, not all the time. And why is Maryland worried about that. Is 80 degrees too hot for them?

Probably in the summer time when they're training players so they won't overheat.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

photo__3_.JPG

Why wouldn't you try to mitigate the risk whenever possible? Sometimes football is about brains, not just braun.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

photo__3_.JPG

Probably in the summer time when they're training players so they won't overheat.

Sorry, I'm from Texas. I played in plenty of games on turf where the temperature was over 130 and it wasn't that big a deal. I just figured if schools don't here weren't worried about it, schools in Mary-land wouldn't be either. Guess I was wrong.

The NFL has a rule...not the NCAA.

And their rule is simply that a sponsor cannot force an NFL team to change the color of their playing surface.

No, it's not. The rule reads as such:

The surface of the entire Field of Play must be a League-approved shade of green.

Taken from page 9 of the 2011 NFL Rule Book. It was put in place as a way to PREVENT any field colors being changed to something other than green. It was a pre-emptive response to any advertiser that had an idea to change the field color (i.e. Coca-Cola red or UPS brown).

Go HERE and look at pages 2 (2011 Rules Changes) and 9 (Rule 1: The Field) of the file.

gYH2mW9.png

Sorry, I'm from Texas. I played in plenty of games on turf where the temperature was over 130 and it wasn't that big a deal. I just figured if schools don't here weren't worried about it, schools in Mary-land wouldn't be either. Guess I was wrong.

You're the manliest man of them all. Concussions weren't that big of a deal either. I think every school is now worried about the lawsuit that comes from heat stroke, you know, ever since players dropped dead because of it.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I have no idea what color the turf will actually be, but that looks consistent with a test. I've seen FieldTurf installed more than once, and that's not an instillation going on there. They definitely don't start in the middle, and that put the base layer of rock and/or sand down across the entire field before laying the sod.

You're the manliest man of them all. Concussions weren't that big of a deal either. I think every school is now worried about the lawsuit that comes from heat stroke, you know, ever since players dropped dead because of it.

Anybody die of heat stroke in Maryland? Football is for tough guys. Wimps can buy a ticket to watch.

Anybody die of heat stroke in Maryland? Football is for tough guys. Wimps can buy a ticket to watch.

I'm really not sure if this is satire, but just in case...I'm sure Korey Stringer was just a big ol' wimp when he died of heat stroke in Minnesota. But Minnesota is so cold, and so far north, and starts with M! No way someone could die of heatstroke there.

wisco_adidas-1.jpggbp-2.jpg

Wow. You know, I'm pretty sure people can die of heat stroke in pretty much any state in the country.

Has someone hacked gdu's account in the past week or so? First we get pages anal corrections on what can or cannot be called "pro combat" and now this?

Archived