College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

Saw this on a WVU board. A display of the entire grey uniform, except this picture appears to have the pro combat helmet from 2010 as opposed to the grey one pictured a few pages back. Personally I think it looks good with the pro combat helmet, but idk how reliable this source is.

Here's the link, it won't let me post the picture for whatever reason.

http://yfrog.com/oco69ztj

EDIT: That's not even the pro combat helmet actually. It looks like its similar to the pro combat but is the original original grey helmet that was shown like months ago. I'm talking like 30-40 pages back.

Those actually don't look too bad. Still prefer their normal uniforms, but it's not bad for a one off.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah....um ridiculous and unneccesary argument...also idk about you guys but michigan state, tcu, UGA, stanford and others, i just call their special one-off helmets their "pro combat" helmet

You could call them a banana hammock if you wanted, but that wouldn't make it so. Those helmets are called "pro combat rivalry helmets." Pro combat is the material and system Nike uses. Pro combat rivalry is a uniform using that technology that has a special design. Those helmets would be properly called pro combat rivalry helmets.

so maybe the term doesn't exist for YOU maybe, but if someone else wants to use it, i see no reason why not

So they don't look silly. It is a Nike term and Nike has nothing to do with team's regular helmets. They do, however, have a hand in designing the special helmets that are part of the pro combat rivalry series.

I am an attorney, so I make my livelihood on using the right words, not just ones that are close to being right.

we are all uni enthusiasts so it shouldn't be a problem and actually makes it easier when we reference a certain helmet to someone else when we call it their "pro combat" helmet

How does it make it easier to use the wrong term? We are all uniform junkies here so details and precision should matter.

Like I told Botiger, you can call it whatever you want, but there is no such thing as a pro combat helmet. When most people around here use that term they are actually referring to pro combat rivalry. If you want to keep being incorrect, by all means; I was just trying to educate those who wanted to use the right term for things.

All your doing is adding one little word. Outside this fourm, nodoby knows or cares about the difference. Calling out people for being "incorrect" is just causing arguments.

But we are on this forum and people here are the kind of people that should care about and know the difference.

I think the grey looks fantastic. Really sharp setup for WVU. Their set just looks better overall. Has something changed?

Nope. Everything else looks the same to me.

yeah....um ridiculous and unneccesary argument...also idk about you guys but michigan state, tcu, UGA, stanford and others, i just call their special one-off helmets their "pro combat" helmet

You could call them a banana hammock if you wanted, but that wouldn't make it so. Those helmets are called "pro combat rivalry helmets." Pro combat is the material and system Nike uses. Pro combat rivalry is a uniform using that technology that has a special design. Those helmets would be properly called pro combat rivalry helmets.

so maybe the term doesn't exist for YOU maybe, but if someone else wants to use it, i see no reason why not

So they don't look silly. It is a Nike term and Nike has nothing to do with team's regular helmets. They do, however, have a hand in designing the special helmets that are part of the pro combat rivalry series.

I am an attorney, so I make my livelihood on using the right words, not just ones that are close to being right.

we are all uni enthusiasts so it shouldn't be a problem and actually makes it easier when we reference a certain helmet to someone else when we call it their "pro combat" helmet

How does it make it easier to use the wrong term? We are all uniform junkies here so details and precision should matter.

Like I told Botiger, you can call it whatever you want, but there is no such thing as a pro combat helmet. When most people around here use that term they are actually referring to pro combat rivalry. If you want to keep being incorrect, by all means; I was just trying to educate those who wanted to use the right term for things.

All your doing is adding one little word. Outside this fourm, nodoby knows or cares about the difference. Calling out people for being "incorrect" is just causing arguments.

But we are on this forum and people here are the kind of people that should care about and know the difference.

Why?

Saw this on a WVU board. A display of the entire grey uniform, except this picture appears to have the pro combat helmet from 2010 as opposed to the grey one pictured a few pages back. Personally I think it looks good with the pro combat helmet, but idk how reliable this source is.

EDIT: That's not even the pro combat helmet actually. It looks like its similar to the pro combat but is the original original grey helmet that was shown like months ago. I'm talking like 30-40 pages back. (This one --- Here)

Please don't say "pro combat helmet". You are in danger of being subjected to (and having the rest of us also be subjected to) an annoying, condescending, and all-together, brain numbingly boring lecture that may go on for pages.

Why?

Are you just trying to annoy everybody with another long discussion?

I already said why. This is a forum for people dedicated to the details of sports uniforms. Details matter. Or at least they should here. Should I still calling SMU's black uniform their "under the lights" uniform? I mean adidas made both, right? Surely they're the same.

EDIT: That's not even the pro combat helmet actually. It looks like its similar to the pro combat but is the original original grey helmet that was shown like months ago. I'm talking like 30-40 pages back. (This one --- Here)

Please don't say "pro combat helmet". You are in danger of being subjected to (and having the rest of us also be subjected to) an annoying, condescending, and all-together, brain numbingly boring lecture that may go on for pages.

I saw that and ignored it. Some people just want to be wrong and you can't help that.

I had heard that Ohio was going to have major changes in the near future. Can anyone disprove or confirm this?

Their contract with Russell is up, but last I heard they haven't signed with anyone else yet.

http://thepost.ohiou.edu/content/russell-contract-ends-ohio-set-take-new-apparel-bids

Glad to see Akron will be getting rid of those horrid adidas uniforms. Not an Akron fan, but I am a fan of teams not looking like crap. When they mimicked St. Louis' look they were good. Then adidas stuck that horrible template on them and they looked like manure ever since.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I think the grey looks fantastic. Really sharp setup for WVU. Their set just looks better overall. Has something changed?

the grey will look okay if they stick to grey jersey/grey pants combo or a grey jersey/blue pants combo, just stay away from mixing any white or yellow into the combinations of those jerseys

the grey will look okay if they stick to grey jersey/grey pants combo or a grey jersey/blue pants combo, just stay away from mixing any white or yellow into the combinations of those jerseys

Oklahoma State couldn't use that logic for some reason.

OSU%20uniforms.jpg

saying it was the pro combat helmet was so much faster than saying "the helmet that is not a pro combat helmet that went along with the pro combat uniform and was worn one time with the pro combat set, but not with the regular uniform set" but alas we must never use the term pro combat when referring to these special helmets;

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Posted June 15, 2012, 12:15 pm MT CSU football planning new uniforms this season ? and in 2013

Uniforms were all the rage in college football this week. Michigan announced its intention to ?un-retire? three jerseys ?including that of former President Gerald R. Ford ? in order to honor them in a better way. Yeah, weird. Meanwhile, Arkansas revealed its new-look duds for the upcoming season, provided by Nike.

And that brings us to Colorado State.

You can call this a two-year journey. The Rams, under new coach Jim McElwain, will have new uniforms this season. And then ? poof! ? CSU is likely to have new uniforms again in 2013, when their contract with Russell Athletics expires and the school moves on to a new provider, which so many in Fort Collins want to be Nike.

?I think it?s part of the evolution of athletics, college and professional,? senior associate athletic director Gary Ozzello said. ?Guys want to know what the uniforms are going to look like: ?What kind of gear am I going to wear?? I know our guys are as well, excited. And I know Jim McElwain is, too, for his first team to say ?This is what CSU Rams will look like on the field.? ?

This year?s redesign is due to be unveiled at some point this summer. Next year there will be an open search for the next provider.

?Our intent is to find the best supplier for CSU athletics, regardless of who that is,? Ozzello said. ?We intend to talk to everyone. We?re excited by the prospect and we?re hopeful that all the big guys out there are as interested in CSU as we are in them.?

Denver Post

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

saying it was the pro combat helmet was so much faster than saying "the helmet that is not a pro combat helmet that went along with the pro combat uniform and was worn one time with the pro combat set, but not with the regular uniform set" but alas we must never use the term pro combat when referring to these special helmets;

You're still messing it up. When you are saying pro combat, what you really mean is pro combat rivalry. You would be adding 1 more word, not 25 like in your example.

TCU's regular uniforms in 2010 were pro combat:

TCU_2010_Unis.jpg

1030_web_unlv_tcu_football010_t653.jpg?214bc4f9d9bd7c08c7d0f6599bb3328710e01e7b

TCU's uniforms vs. Oregon State were pro combat rivalry:

Ed+Wesley+Oregon+State+v+TCU+aiYMrLpKCG-l.jpg

see the difference? Both use the same material, but one has a special deisgn (incl. the helmets)

Posted June 15, 2012, 12:15 pm MT CSU football planning new uniforms this season ? and in 2013

Uniforms were all the rage in college football this week. Michigan announced its intention to ?un-retire? three jerseys ?including that of former President Gerald R. Ford ? in order to honor them in a better way. Yeah, weird. Meanwhile, Arkansas revealed its new-look duds for the upcoming season, provided by Nike.

And that brings us to Colorado State.

You can call this a two-year journey. The Rams, under new coach Jim McElwain, will have new uniforms this season. And then ? poof! ? CSU is likely to have new uniforms again in 2013, when their contract with Russell Athletics expires and the school moves on to a new provider, which so many in Fort Collins want to be Nike.

?I think it?s part of the evolution of athletics, college and professional,? senior associate athletic director Gary Ozzello said. ?Guys want to know what the uniforms are going to look like: ?What kind of gear am I going to wear?? I know our guys are as well, excited. And I know Jim McElwain is, too, for his first team to say ?This is what CSU Rams will look like on the field.? ?

This year?s redesign is due to be unveiled at some point this summer. Next year there will be an open search for the next provider.

?Our intent is to find the best supplier for CSU athletics, regardless of who that is,? Ozzello said. ?We intend to talk to everyone. We?re excited by the prospect and we?re hopeful that all the big guys out there are as interested in CSU as we are in them.?

Denver Post

Yyyyyyyeeeeeeaaaaahhhh I think we can go ahead and say the shark done been jumped here.

Also...gdu, DROP IT. We don't need any more of that senseless "argument" spamming up this thread. Just ignore it, dude, and move on.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Yyyyyyyeeeeeeaaaaahhhh I think we can go ahead and say the shark done been jumped here.

Do you know where that expression comes from? Sort of an interesting back story.

Archived