College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing official regarding A&M's uniforms, but a lot of the Adidas stuff that's come out over the last month has utilized this logo below, with the aTm within the state outline. Rumor is that this logo will be used on the uniforms, but not on the helmet. Most likely it will replce the "T-star" logo above the nameplate or be a hip logo on the pants.

Pic_2028_Large.jpg

For reference, here's the "T-star" it's allegedly replacing:

2pso60u3erfz36s5svwgrr3ov.gif

Nothing official regarding A&M's uniforms, but a lot of the Adidas stuff that's come out over the last month has utilized this logo below, with the aTm within the state outline. Rumor is that this logo will be used on the uniforms, but not on the helmet. Most likely it will replce the "T-star" logo above the nameplate or be a hip logo on the pants.

Pic_2028_Large.jpg

wonder if this is one of Bosack's concepts. he threw this out a while ago: http://dribbble.com/shots/583897-AM

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Texas A&M is really trying to push the state of Texas as they join the SEC. Considering for decades the football field said TEXAS AGGIES in the endzone and the baseball team wore Texas Aggies jerseys for a long period of time I like the return to emphasizing the Lone Star State.

texas_aggies.jpg

607482.jpg

Yeah, several A&M teams in other sports have used some version of the aTm in the state outline in the past, but this particular iteration is new for 2012(using the beveled logo that slightly overlaps the state outline) and was developed by Adidas (or at least a designer hired by Adidas).

from the official maryland athletics twitter account, they posted a rendering of what the field would look like

i'm not sure if they didn't include the new color to surprise us or what.....

EDIT: also another pic from USA Today http://i.usatoday.net/communitymanager/_photos/campus-rivalry/2012/06/20/Terpsx-large.jpg

and the article confirms that the field will remain green so nevermind about the first part

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Now that that's confirmed, IIRC didn't the NCAA ban any other colored field in Division 1-A (FBS) besides Boise State anyway?

No, they didn't. Eastern Washington introduced a red field a couple years back and Central Arkansas just put in purple and gray turf.

Eastern Washington and Boise State were grandfathered in

Bucknut40.pngOhioStatebanner.png

#RaiderUp

Twitter-@R_Redinger4 My Blog-Southwest Ohio Football

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

Now that that's confirmed, IIRC didn't the NCAA ban any other colored field in Division 1-A (FBS) besides Boise State anyway?

No, they didn't. Eastern Washington introduced a red field a couple years back and Central Arkansas just put in purple and gray turf.

Eastern Washington and Boise State were grandfathered in

Pretty sure that's basically an urban legend. The NCAA doesn't have a rule regarding field color. It used to be people would say Boise State was grandfathered in. Now it's Boise and EWU? Are we including UCA's ghastly purple and gray field too?

Pic_2028_Large.jpg

Too bad. The T-star, to me, is a much superior looking logo. And using the star for the Lone Star State makes it smart instead of painfully obvious (which the State outline is).

Neither are I-A schools

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Neither are I-A schools

There still isn't a rule about that. If there was, Maryland wouldn't have considered making their field a different color.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

EWU wasn't grandfathered into anything. It was never actually an NCAA rule and even if it was, Eastern Washington got their field in 2010.

In 2009, D-II University of New Haven installed their own smurf turf and, as you would imagine, Boise State wasn't exactly enthused.

Boise was mad that someone copied their blue field? That is ridiculous.

It's like two drunks in a bar, arguing over who was the first to vomit on their own shoes.

Archived