College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

Saw this on a WVU board. A display of the entire grey uniform, except this picture appears to have the pro combat helmet from 2010 as opposed to the grey one pictured a few pages back. Personally I think it looks good with the pro combat helmet, but idk how reliable this source is.

Here's the link, it won't let me post the picture for whatever reason.

http://yfrog.com/oco69ztj

EDIT: That's not even the pro combat helmet actually. It looks like its similar to the pro combat but is the original original grey helmet that was shown like months ago. I'm talking like 30-40 pages back. (This one --- Here)

Please don't say "pro combat helmet". You are in danger of being subjected to (and having the rest of us also be subjected to) an annoying, condescending, and all-together, brain numbingly boring lecture that may go on for pages.

saying it was the pro combat helmet was so much faster than saying "the helmet that is not a pro combat helmet that went along with the pro combat uniform and was worn one time with the pro combat set, but not with the regular uniform set" but alas we must never use the term pro combat when referring to these special helmets;

You're still messing it up. When you are saying pro combat, what you really mean is pro combat rivalry. You would be adding 1 more word, not 25 like in your example.

TCU's regular uniforms in 2010 were pro combat:

TCU_2010_Unis.jpg

1030_web_unlv_tcu_football010_t653.jpg?214bc4f9d9bd7c08c7d0f6599bb3328710e01e7b

TCU's uniforms vs. Oregon State were pro combat rivalry:

Ed+Wesley+Oregon+State+v+TCU+aiYMrLpKCG-l.jpg

see the difference? Both use the same material, but one has a special deisgn (incl. the helmets)

whilst you are 100% correct, you are simply fighting a battle that will never be won.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also...gdu, DROP IT. We don't need any more of that senseless "argument" spamming up this thread. Just ignore it, dude, and move on.

I very clearly had. Botiger and I moved on. Then several people brought it up in ways that would require responses, so I responded. If people don't want to talk about it anymore, then don't. I won't be bringing it up.

Yyyyyyyeeeeeeaaaaahhhh I think we can go ahead and say the shark done been jumped here.

Do you know where that expression comes from? Sort of an interesting back story.

The Fonz.

Yup. Well it was about him, not from him, but that is the source.

Saw this on a WVU board. A display of the entire grey uniform, except this picture appears to have the pro combat helmet from 2010 as opposed to the grey one pictured a few pages back. Personally I think it looks good with the pro combat helmet, but idk how reliable this source is.

Here's the link, it won't let me post the picture for whatever reason.

http://yfrog.com/oco69ztj

EDIT: That's not even the pro combat helmet actually. It looks like its similar to the pro combat but is the original original grey helmet that was shown like months ago. I'm talking like 30-40 pages back. (This one --- Here)

Please don't say "pro combat helmet". You are in danger of being subjected to (and having the rest of us also be subjected to) an annoying, condescending, and all-together, brain numbingly boring lecture that may go on for pages.

saying it was the pro combat helmet was so much faster than saying "the helmet that is not a pro combat helmet that went along with the pro combat uniform and was worn one time with the pro combat set, but not with the regular uniform set" but alas we must never use the term pro combat when referring to these special helmets;

You're still messing it up. When you are saying pro combat, what you really mean is pro combat rivalry. You would be adding 1 more word, not 25 like in your example.

A whole crap load of TCU pictures that don't need to be re quoted

see the difference? Both use the same material, but one has a special deisgn (incl. the helmets)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4VbOHvaPRc

I think the only difference between Pro Combat and Pro Combat Rivalry can be found in Phil Knight's bank account.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I think the only difference between Pro Combat and Pro Combat Rivalry can be found in Phil Knight's bank account.

Which is billions more than you have in yours.

?

Besides an apparent love of stating the obvious, what was your point here?

You people have idiotic comments every day about how dumb Nike is, even though they're one of the biggest companies in the world. So they're obviously doing something right.

Why so hostile?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Why so hostile?

Because critiquing of Nike is subjective around here. No matter what they do people complain.

There are also seemningly people who will support every single decision they make.

Goes both ways.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

Why so hostile?

Because critiquing of Nike is subjective around here. No matter what they do people complain.

There are also seemningly people who will support every single decision they make.

Goes both ways.

Don't waste your time waltere. The guy's a troll.

im calling truce on any hostilities in here; i'd love to get back to actually discussing college football uniforms and helmets

good luck with that... because in a few days, another school will unveil their new uniforms that have multiple combo options, an argument about oregon will erupt for 3 pages, then someone will try the whole truce thing again... its a cycle

Which is billions more than you have in yours.

Give it time. I will one day unveil my "Stealth Warrior" uniform line.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

It's obviously a little abstract yeah, but I think if you showed a curved zigzag pattern to a million Arkansas fans, they'd get the reference.

The Chargers? I bet you the Arkansas fans wouldn't get the reference unless they were told, and I'm pretty sure I know more Arkansas fans than you.

If you wanted to get the reference, the serrations should have been shorter and in greater quantity. Like a saw.

I'm an Arkansas fan and I knew exactly what it was when I saw it.

It's supposed to be similar to the back of our current Razorback logo.

Arkansas-Razorback-Logo.png

I get what you're saying though about the serrations and they could stand to be a little shorter on the silver part. Considering it basically looks like a lighting bolt though in the red part of the logo anyways, I don't think they are really that far off using what they did even if it is an old Chargers lightning bolt.

Archived