College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

Hey, you know what would totally fix this problem? Not insisting on 100-page megathreads for every season! Seriously, do we need to free up that much space for another thread that's just an iteration of "HEY GUYS, WHAT'S THE WORST UNIFORM EVER?"

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe it's hard to actually find news between you being a combative dick to everyone in every other post.

If clicking the page number before this one and seeing the first post is too hard for you, a forum might not be the place for you.

Don't get mad at me because you didn't look before posting.

Hey, you know what would totally fix this problem? Not insisting on 100-page megathreads for every season! Seriously, do we need to free up that much space for another thread that's just an iteration of "HEY GUYS, WHAT'S THE WORST UNIFORM EVER?"

Perhaps the happy medium between megathreads and thousands of individual threads would be to do individual conference season threads?

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

Perhaps the happy medium between megathreads and thousands of individual threads would be to do individual conference season threads?

Nah, I like getting it here all in one place.

From some tweets by the A&M equipment manager...

2012 cleats:

AwP0KuQCIAA-Z_t.jpg

Player travel shoes:

AwA56rQCIAE42h2.jpg

SEC jersey patches

AvsakgECEAEqoFL.jpg

Am I the only one who is seeing that the patch is on a tan/grey jersey?

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I like that idea.

BB52Big.jpg

From some tweets by the A&M equipment manager...

2012 cleats:

AwP0KuQCIAA-Z_t.jpg

Player travel shoes:

AwA56rQCIAE42h2.jpg

SEC jersey patches

AvsakgECEAEqoFL.jpg

Am I the only one who is seeing that the patch is on a tan/grey jersey?

It looks like the photographer is wearing shorts and sat the patch on their thigh and took a picture (IMO).

camnewton2.jpg

Auburn University Alum

It looks like the photographer is wearing shorts and sat the patch on their thigh and took a picture (IMO).

That's what it looks like to me.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Maybe it's hard to actually find news between you being a combative dick to everyone in every other post.

If clicking the page number before this one and seeing the first post is too hard for you, a forum might not be the place for you.

Don't get mad at me because you didn't look before posting.

And it's going to end now. If neither of you can play nice, you can both take a time out.

/mod

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

was that patch exclusive to the SEC? i think i remember seeing it used by other conferences or the ncaa.

No, it's not unique. AFAIK, every conference had their own variation of that patch.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

was that patch exclusive to the SEC? i think i remember seeing it used by other conferences or the ncaa.

No, it's not unique. AFAIK, every conference had their own variation of that patch.

You're right. I think with the new NCAA olympic style branding, schools are back to conference shields.

Am I the only one that's not a fan of the new SEC logo patch? Maybe I'm biased, but I much prefer this:

-153882206751694470.jpg

Than to the circular patch, it seems like way too much.

I like the new ones because it is conference specific rather than using a generic NCAA shape.

You're right. I think with the new NCAA olympic style branding, schools are back to conference shields.

Some conferences used it more than others. I think most Big East schools used the standard Big East logo and I think Stanford was the only Pac-10 school to wear the Pac-10 version of the patch.

Am I the only one that's not a fan of the new SEC logo patch? Maybe I'm biased, but I much prefer this:

-153882206751694470.jpg

Than to the circular patch, it seems like way too much.

I like the new ones because it is conference specific rather than using a generic NCAA shape.

But this isn't just a generic NCAA shape. It's a generic NCAA Football shape. So even customized with conference names/logos, you know that it's football-specific. The round SEC logo could be for any sport, but the SEC pennant tells you it's football.

The NCAA has specific shapes for its sports, even down to Div. III. The pennant is football, there's a rectangular version for basketball. The pennant is the only one I've seen that can be modified for specific conferences. The independent schools, like Navy and Notre Dame, just have "NCAA" inside the pennant.

It's sort of a moot point though, since most conferences are going away from the pennant and using their generic conference logos. Most of the conference logos won't fit inside the pennant anyway, so we may start seeing the generic NCAA pennant limited to just a sticker on the back of the helmet.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived