New England Patriots Concept

lightning25

I've recently started to make the transition to Inkscape for my concepts. I decided to make my first Inkscape concept for the New England Patriots, considering how bad their current jerseys and logo are.

However, I've decided to stray somewhat from the traditional route and keep the navy as the primary color. The striping is based loosely off of the throwback jerseys, and I tried to maintain red as one of the primary colors in the scheme instead of the color of some barely-visible piping. I also removed silver, which, as a part of the Patriots' jersey set, is the bane of my existence. I also recolored the proposed logo and used a blue-red-blue striping theme consistent on the helmet, pants, socks, and away jersey.

fpcjtf.png

dangerously close to the new bills uniforms.

and if this became a reality, would piss me off as a bills fan.

as hockey week said, in the 80s/90s the bills and giants were nearly the same uniform.

NEVER AGAIN!

bufg.png

Excellent designing of uniforms (use of team colors)and helmet colors, stripes and facemasks. Only thing I don't care for is logo on helmet.

My thoughts exactly. Throw a Flying Elvis on the helmet, and these are perfect.

Nobody ... I mean nobody ... circles the wagons like The Buffalo Bills

This has a lot of potential, but there's a few changes I would make.

First of all, I think the helmet logo could really work if you wrapped it around the back of the helmet (like the Seahawks) and removed the triple stripe.

Second, I would make all of the jersey/pants striping red/white/red to match the logo. So the white elements would just have two red stripes.

Lastly, I would remove the contrasting collar and cuffs, since sleeve stripes with contrasting cuffs are a big no-no.

I'm not completely sold on the number/NOB font. Personally, I really like the current font, but I know a lot of people don't, so you could go either way.

Overall though, really good job for your first Inkscape concept.

Version 2:

patsconceptprogress.png

Completely revamped most of this to remove all possible similarity to the Bills and Giants of the '80s/'90s, plus the quasi-similarity to the Bills' current uniforms.

The double stripe is based off of the pants stripe in the original Flying Elvis uniforms, and the stripe goes over the shoulder on the jerseys as a bit of a nod to the throwbacks.

On the first helmet, the logo would wrap around the helmet, and the second helmet is basically their current one, minus the silver and with a single navy stripe. I'm leaning towards the first helmet myself.

And as the number/NOB font goes, I personally prefer this one, but I'm willing to switch to the font if there's enough people that prefer it.

The current Flying Elvis logo is so much better than the proposed Flying Belichick logo. The proposed logo is really dated. I like the striping on the jerseys, but the custom number font annoys me, and I think it's actually worse than the current number font. For the road uniform, I think it would look better with blue pants, BUT- if you're going to go with white pants for both home and road, use blue socks along with them.

Oh, and on a side note, I think the first concept was much better than the update. Try the first concept's striping with the Flying Elvis helmet logo.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

The current Flying Elvis logo is so much better than the proposed Flying Belichick logo. The proposed logo is really dated. I like the striping on the jerseys, but the custom number font annoys me, and I think it's actually worse than the current number font. For the road uniform, I think it would look better with blue pants, BUT- if you're going to go with white pants for both home and road, use blue socks along with them.

Oh, and on a side note, I think the first concept was much better than the update. Try the first concept's striping with the Flying Elvis helmet logo.

I like the blue pants idea for the road, I'll try that. I don't think I can really go with the same striping as the first concept considering how it's been used by a lot of teams (including the Bills/Giants of the '80s and '90s). And yeah, the more I look at the font the more I dislike it.

Do the stripes go all the way around the helmet like the Seahawks? If so I actually like the unused logo helmet better, which is strange because I don't enjoy that logo too much.

Yes, they do.

The single blue stripe on the Flying Elvis looks out of place with the red and blue striping on the pants. Give the helmet matching striping. Also I think the red belt grabs a little too much attention, and a blue belt with the blue pants would be better.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Great updates here, the blue pants on the road set looks really nice. That being said you should stick with one helmet. Personally I think you should go with the 'flying elvis' one, but maybe add the pant strip to it rather than just the blue strip that you have now. Over wise love the concept!

sigmiller.png

I have yet to see a Patriots concept on this forum that is better then what the Patriots wear now. The Patriots need only to tweak their current set. Thicken the red piping on the jersey side panels to match the thickness on the red stripes on the pants, wear the silver pants with the white jersey, add a red alt. DONE!

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

Archived