2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy :censored: . The Jets are .500 :shocked: .

The ex-Thrashers will shart themselves come January/February. They always do. They always will.

They do enough early on to make fans excited, only to collapse around the All-Star break. Seen that story often enough.

much like what the Dallas Stars did last year.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Henrik is a beast simply put. If I had to start a team from scratch he would be the first goalie I'd take no doubt. I'd expect the Rangers to be the 4 or 5 seed this year, there's a slight chance that they catch Philly but I doubt they can stay with the Penguins for the whole year.

I, on the other hand, think it's in their best interests to get themselves in position for a long-term franchise player in Yakupov. They would do well to flip a few parts for draft picks at the deadline, too. The Byfuglien trade cost them a top prospect and the 36th pick in last summer's draft. Since building through the draft will be the key to the Jets' success, I'd like to see them really start hoarding picks. I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm glad they're winning games here and there to bring some short-term joy to town, but you're only gonna go so far when Andrew Ladd is your best player. And I like Andrew Ladd.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

For what its worth I think Evander Kane is their best player, but your point stands, they need an offensive threat. Burmistrov will turn into that but he will take a couple years to fully blossom.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Winnipeg's got the right group of guys, but they could still use some more. I don't think they'll be in playoffs, but if they can squeak out a Top 10 pick next June, this draft is still quite really solid after Nail Yakupov, but I think mostly they need that number one centre to set up Kane or if they do suck and draft Yakupov.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Ducks will just make their annual dumb insignificant trade with the Maple Leaves and call it a season. I expect Joffrey Lupul be back somehow. Probably for Hiller and Ryan.

Ryan and Schultz for Komisarek. Book it.

"Vatanen made Schultz expendable."

:P

Jets are playing good hockey. I hope they keep it up!

Don't get your hopes up too high. Remember, this is still an ASG roster (mostly). It's gonna crash and burn after the break.

Holy :censored: . The Jets are .500 :shocked: .

The ex-Thrashers will shart themselves come January/February. They always do. They always will.

They do enough early on to make fans excited, only to collapse around the All-Star break. Seen that story often enough.

Braves.jpg

BigMac's posts make me want to punch babies.

Hockey is weird and I love it.

Atlanta guys quit being so sure that this year won't be any different. New coach, different system. Really didn't want to get in to all this ATL/WPG crap.

We are just stating facts. The one thing you have done great so far is not over work your starting goalie.

Braves.jpg

BigMac's posts make me want to punch babies.

Hockey is weird and I love it.

Atlanta guys quit being so sure that this year won't be any different. New coach, different system. Really didn't want to get in to all this ATL/WPG crap.

I'm sure that Winnipeg will have some sort of success in the future since their owners (EDIT: and the rest of the organization plus their rabid fanbase) actually care about the team & the sport, but it probably won't come this year. It's basically like trying to make Filet Mignon with Hamburger Helper. They've got the ingredients mixed up, at least for this season.

At one point last December, the Thrashers were in 2nd in the East, and this is essentially the same roster. Even when the roster had more talent, the team would crap the bed in the latter months of the season.

The Jets have also given up the 3rd-most goals in the league. With a team that's offensively-streaky and defensively-challenged, that doesn't bode well for future success.

Again....seen this story before. It doesn't end well.

Archived