2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

Perfect timing for Cory Sarich to request a trade. When Mark Giordano has ruptured tendons, and will be gone for a while. 4 years ago the Flames were thought to have some of the best defense in the league, boy how things change.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And the Ducks continue to look and play like the undisciplined team that they are. Lose a 3-0 lead and then Getzy takes a 4 minute penalty in overtime that leads to the game winning goal? You don't need a new coach, you need new players. Trade them all including Selanne and start from scratch. If you want to change the culture of the locker room, then trade the problems... they've been there for years and we all know who they are...

And the Ducks continue to look and play like the undisciplined team that they are. Lose a 3-0 lead and then Getzy takes a 4 minute penalty in overtime that leads to the game winning goal? You don't need a new coach, you need new players. Trade them all including Selanne and start from scratch. If you want to change the culture of the locker room, then trade the problems... they've been there for years and we all know who they are...

They actually played a hell of a lot better, it was just the penalties that killed. The refereeing was bad though, both ways. Not saying that some of the penalties weren't deserved, but there were some that could've just been let go. But if they cut down on penalties, I was extremely encouraged by what I saw. Little different game than what we saw Carlyle trot out all season.

As for Getzlaf, I would not be against stripping him of the C. He has the passion and he's a top player for the Ducks, but that does not make him a good leader. He's a hot head. At the beginning of his career, it was just that youthful fire for the game. Now it's undisciplined whining. You're the Captain of this team. You can't take a penalty in that situation, let alone act like a five-year old whenever you get called like that. I really think he's earning a reputation for that sort of thing and will get called for the extra two whenever he acts out like that. The Ducks won't ever strip him of the C, and even if they did and gave it to Selanne or Koivu or Perry, I feel he wouldn't handle it too well and either pop off or shut it down. I wouldn't be against it, though.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

2. Rask isn't wearing the laces on his jersey, Is that a superstition/personal thing he does or is that just tonight?

He has never worn the laces on his jersey. Doesn't like them, I guess.

And it's great to watch another beat down of the Leafs. Makes for even more ridiculous trade offers from their fans on HFBoards.com.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I'll take the win against an overachieving Blues team that was getting way too close for comfort, but it's getting worrisome that the Blackhawks have like no secondary scoring. 2 points for Toews, 2 for Sharp, 2 for Kane, 2 for Hossa, 2 for Keith. Didn't Dave Bolland exist once? Frolik? Brunette? Carcillo? Is the Steve Montador era over already?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Matt Moulson with a 4 goal game tonight for the Isles which is great and 7 goals in his last 4 games. DiPietro injured himself again. I'm sure no one is surprised. It is seriously time for him to retire.

The 4-Conference Realignment proposal that will be voted on Monday.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Latest-NHL-radical-realignment-plan-breaks-up-So?urn=nhl-wp18932

Conference 1: Ana, LA, SJ, Van, Cal, Edm, Col, Pho

Conference 2: Dal, Min, Win, Stl, Chi, Det, Nsh, Clb

Conference 3: Bos, Mtl, Ott, Tor, Buf, TB, Fla

Conference 4: NYR, NYI, NJ, Phi, Pitt, Was, Car

Names I guess are TBD. Top 4 teams in conference make the playoffs. First two rounds conference playoffs then reseed league wide for the Cup semifinal and final.

The Islanders in a "conference" with the Rangers, Penguins, Flyers, and Capitals? With the top 4 getting playoff spots? Welp, we're never making the playoffs for the next decade or so now :P

Speaking of the Isles, what a game for Moulson tonight with his 4 goals. Isles beat the Stars as well. Kinda funny they've gotten hot ever since everybody fired their coaches and the Islanders kept Cappy for the time being :lol:

EDIT: I just had to take a gander at the HFBoards Business of Hockey forum about the realignment...

I just can't understand how a Winnipeg-Detroit flip makes any damn sense. Winnipeg is significantly further north and west of St Paul.

This was written by a moderator.

Oh, and the Florida teams in the Northeast DivisionConference LOLWUT

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

You know who's a fun team to watch now? The Oilers. I can remember just a year or 2 ago when watching an Oilers game was just plain depressing. Now, it's edge-of-your-seat stuff from these kids. High energy, lots of goals, and a young core that's really starting to gel together when it comes to chemistry and it's showing, both in quality of hockey and in entertainment value. It'll be fascinating to see if they can translate it into continued success in the future.

Plus, they're back in the Gretzky-era unis, so there's even more reason to watch them. ^_^

Speaking of the Isles, what a game for Moulson tonight with his 4 goals. Isles beat the Stars as well. Kinda funny they've gotten hot ever since everybody fired their coaches and the Islanders kept Cappy for the time being :lol:

They really started to play better when Capuano decided that the best place for DiPietro (the Ollie Perez of the Islanders) to be was on the bench as the backup. Montoya is this season's Roloson.

Archived