2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We will always love you Jarome. Glad I got to see this goal in person. I've now seen every major Jarome Iginla milestone.

You're lucky. Iginla is among my top 5 favorite players of this era. I only wish he won a cup with the Flames.

Do you think he'll retire after this year? I think he'll stick around one more year.

spacer.png

We will always love you Jarome. Glad I got to see this goal in person. I've now seen every major Jarome Iginla milestone.

You're lucky. Iginla is among my top 5 favorite players of this era. I only wish he won a cup with the Flames.

Do you think he'll retire after this year? I think he'll stick around one more year.

He should've...but then Game 6 happened. I know, I know, the Flames could've won in OT or in Game 7...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Detroit can kiss both sides of my ass. Blackhawks are playing some dumbass hockey. Shame on this team for that indignant loss. Three hawks laying on top of Crawford, goddamn puck hanging out on the side of the net for 20 minutes.

Also too many men on the ice was ignored, so yeah. Enjoy your "victory" red wings.

Also too many men on the ice was ignored, so yeah. Enjoy your "victory" red wings.

Not to mention the Detroit player dragging Montador all over the ice. How do neither of those get called?

Well, we got boned by the refs two weeks ago against you guys, so what goes around comes around Hawks fans. :D

He should've...but then Game 6 happened. I know, I know, the Flames could've won in OT or in Game 7...

The '04 Flames unfortunately contracted a condition I like to call "'86 Red Sox syndrome". The BS from Game 6 affected Game 7 for the Flames negatively, just like in Game 6 of the '86 World Series to the Red Sox.

spacer.png

The '04 Flames unfortunately contracted a condition I like to call "93 Maple Leafs". The BS from Game 6 affected Game 7 for the Flames negatively, just like in Game 6 of the Campbell Conference Final to the Maple Leafs.

FTFY

Doubt it. He's still playing very good hockey now and is probably hoping he might get traded to a contender.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Patrick Sharp out for at least a month with a broken hand, likely due to the play of Jiri Hudler (all the Wings' hits are clean). I wonder if the Blackhawks have the courage to blow the team up for the year and try again some other time when the Bruins aren't on another plane of existence. Hjalmarsson, Bolland, and Mayers are movable parts.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Patrick Sharp out for at least a month with a broken hand, likely due to the play of Jiri Hudler (all the Wings' hits are clean). I wonder if the Blackhawks have the courage to blow the team up for the year and try again some other time when the Bruins aren't on another plane of existence. Hjalmarsson, Bolland, and Mayers are movable parts.

I don't know what they get for any of those that improves your team. It's a confusing time to be a hawks fan.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Why did Kane quit on his team? That's what's confusing me. He's handsomely compensated, endorsement deals on the side, he's been given terrific linemates. Does he resent the organization for sending him to rehab? Does he not like Quenneville? He shouldn't, can't look this uninterested in his job.

Finally got a chance to watch the entire Bruins/Canucks game from Saturday. DVR'ed it because I could only watch the first five minutes. Henrik Sedin is a girl. He gladly joins in the gang assault of Shawn Thornton, yet when the rest of the Bruins join, he runs to the bench. What a :censored:. I also had a little respect for Dale Weise after he fought Nathan Horton. FINALLY a Canuck answers the bell, yet he threw that away when he goated Thornton into a fight, only to back out at the last second. Again, what a :censored:.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Why did Kane quit on his team? That's what's confusing me. He's handsomely compensated, endorsement deals on the side, he's been given terrific linemates. Does he resent the organization for sending him to rehab? Does he not like Quenneville? He shouldn't, can't look this uninterested in his job.

My very limited understanding is that Kane was sick for awhile and is still getting his proverbial s__t together. I agree that he needs to man up and blossom into the leader that he should be. If there's a personnel reason as to why he's got this kind of funk, the team needs to address it promptly.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Henrik Sedin is a girl. He gladly joins in the gang assault of Shawn Thornton, yet when the rest of the Bruins join, he runs to the bench. What a :censored:. I also had a little respect for Dale Weise after he fought Nathan Horton. FINALLY a Canuck answers the bell, yet he threw that away when he goated Thornton into a fight, only to back out at the last second. Again, what a :censored:.

Brian Burke made an ass of himself when he summoned the Toronto media for a press conference on the painful and traumatic demotion of Colton Orr, but amidst his ten minutes of blustering hypocrisy he had a good point about how the pendulum is swinging too far away from accountability and that it can't all be on Brendan Shanahan to suspend people, because It Isn't Helping. Burke's original premise was San Andreas levels of faulty, of course: we should not weep for Colton Orr because he has no one to fight with anymore, because those fights were largely sideshows only tangentially related to the course of a given game.

However, he is right that teams like the Canucks are ruining the league with their unending bitch moves and dodging of immediate accountability. Of course, Burke didn't mention the Canucks by name. Let's not forget that before Mike Gillis and Alain Vigneault sought out the light of every camera to bitch about perceived injustices like a pair of premenstrual moths, Sir Brian Of Truculence was the one who infamously whined "you guuyyyyyssss, 'Sedin' isn't Swedish for 'punch me in the head,' this isn't faiiiirrrrrrr." Maybe it's just something about the weather there.

Slapfights between designated goons has nothing to do with accountability. When Burrows, Bieksa, Kesler, and the Sedins finally get what's coming to them for playing the way they do, it won't be because Colton Orr fought some other dude, nor will it be that one of them gets suspended, nor will it be that they give up some critical power play goals. It really seems like the only way to stop players like them who respect their peers so little is to hurt them so grievously that their own careers are jeopardized, which is sad, but evidently necessary.

Sedin-meme.jpg

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

It almost doesn't seem fair anymore. The Canucks haven't won :censored: and the riots further humiliated the community, moreso than the cowardly tactics of the Sedins, Vigneault, and the rest of those jerks.

But hey, they'll always have the Campoli turnover if they're feeling sorry for themselves, I guess.

twitter

Archived