Colorado Avalanche concept based on Giguere's mask

habsfan1

Normally I hate, hate gradients.

But for some reason I don't hate this. I don't like the circus style font, but the pattern on the front works for some strange reason.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

It's pretty unique, and I think for the mst part it looks good. The burgundy collar, traditional Avalanche font, and possibly better-matching pit patches could help.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

I think it's very cool, but I can't imagine it on the ice. I understand this a concept, but it seems to be more of a fashion jersey, because of the diagonal line. I don't know if that's a key element for you on this concept, but I don't it looks "professional" for a NHL team. And I suggest you change the collar and the font as well.

But as a concept, I love it. I would buy one.

remove the gradient. it will add a lot of pizazz to the jersey. also that font needs to be changed.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

It'd be interesting to see a full series of alternate jerseys based on each team's goalie's mask. It might add some really unusual design elements to the league.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

remove the gradient. it will add a lot of pizazz to the jersey. also that font needs to be changed.

Clearly you don't know the definition of pizazz.

I really like this concept. It's really unique. Since you were basing it on the goalie mask, I don't have a problem with the font.

And I'm definitely with aci on turning this into a series.

A few said that the gradient were a bit too much. Here's another version I made that's more hockey-jersey-like but also without getting rid of the basic idea. After lots of thinking, this is what I decided to go with...

AvalancheFauxback.png

In case you haven't noticed, I used the old Edmonton Eskimos (hockey) jersey for inspiration, as well as Giggy's mask. I gave it a retro-inspired and even a western vibe to it. I tried a bunch of things, and this is what I liked so I went with that. I know vintage white is not a popular color, but I think it works.

As for a potential series? I won't say no, but right now I don't have much time to dedicate to another series. I already have two series threads floating around somewhere, so maybe in the future.

I like the way you had it before. My only suggestion would be to use the existing Avalanche fonts and drop the black completely. Make the black striping/piping the light blue of the collar.

+1. Also, ditch the piss white.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

A few said that the gradient were a bit too much. Here's another version I made that's more hockey-jersey-like but also without getting rid of the basic idea. After lots of thinking, this is what I decided to go with...

AvalancheFauxback.png

In case you haven't noticed, I used the old Edmonton Eskimos (hockey) jersey for inspiration, as well as Giggy's mask. I gave it a retro-inspired and even a western vibe to it. I tried a bunch of things, and this is what I liked so I went with that. I know vintage white is not a popular color, but I think it works.

As for a potential series? I won't say no, but right now I don't have much time to dedicate to another series. I already have two series threads floating around somewhere, so maybe in the future.

this is near perfect! just change the font to the one they have now, and it'll be a perfect jersey!

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

AvalancheFauxback.png

this is near perfect! just change the font to the one they have now, and it'll be a perfect jersey!

I think the font is good because its intent is to match the mask. The numbers could go to their standard but I think Colorado needs to be the way it is right now.

Archived