Seattle Sea Lions

sparkychewbarky

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love the progression on this one.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

teal, brown and yellow is the way to go.

Hi Cody,

I applied the yellow, teal, brown colour scheme to the "native" theme design. It works pretty good and makes it less SJ Sharkish.

It's a hard scheme to get right because of the many variations of teal and brown (and yellow too),

but at first attempt, I kind of like it...

slunibrown.jpg

Or Seahawks?

Seahawk colours, worcat...

seahawkuni.jpg

take the logo from the jersey you made for worcat and apply it to the top jersey. that is what will make this look great. trust me.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

• 2 weeks later...

this is the direction I would take #3 in terms of colors and some minor edits:

Hope you don't mind GFB, but I used some of your suggestions for the logo in

this Seahawk coloured contemporary concept...

uni7.jpg

I like the brown with the native style (thanks Cody) and I tried it with

an aqua-green and a forest-green...

uni2.jpg

uni1.jpg

I've tried the one colour nautical style with a few different colours;

a steely blue, green and black...

uni3.jpg

uni4.jpg

uni5.jpg

Her's a 2-colour variation (a la Flyers)...

uni6.jpg

Where can I buy the third one please?

bleuet, your avatar reminded me that the Albany Moose helmet in your CanAm series reminded me of the old red and white Allouettes winged helmet from way back. Nice!

Anyway, thought I'd try a colour combo from an AHL all-star game from a year or two ago; black 'n vintage white...

uni8.jpg

Your number fonts should be upgraded.

I agree 100%. This concept is amazing and visually stunning, yet the basic font looks thrown on there, for lack of a better phrase. A strong, modern font would just be the cherry on top of this masterpiece. Love the work so far.

UniJ

Your number fonts should be upgraded.

I agree 100%. This concept is amazing and visually stunning, yet the basic font looks thrown on there, for lack of a better phrase. A strong, modern font would just be the cherry on top of this masterpiece. Love the work so far.

Thanks UniJ. You and bleuet are right about the font... I did just throw it in.

I want to get the logos and colours right, and then I'll fine tune the fonts.

Love that Black and Vintage white. I've also suggested that this color scheme would've been perfect for the TB Lightning two color redesign.

Yeah Ram, good point. I've never understood the blue and white decision by the Lightning.

IMO, the Leafs "own" blue and white.

Anyway, their loss...my gain.

I've seen black 'n vintage white on ice, in the AHL All-Star Game, and it looked great.

TB could've made it their own.

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I've done a 180, and have decided to go with the "native" theme,

mainly because I haven't been able to get the "nautical" logo just right (yet),

and because I want to use that black 'n vintage white combo on a new Toronto Rockets idea I'm working on.

Anyway, I'm gonna go with Aqua, Black-Brown, Tan, and Yellow as the colours.

I'm using an old "Retro" font that seems to look alright with the theme.

Here are the Homes and Aways...

slunih.jpg

slunia.jpg

I thought I'd try a "Buckskin" alt.

It's an attempt to replicate some of the elements found in tribal ceremonial wear.

The extra tie on the neck is real, but the shoulders and waist "ties" are in the sublimated design.

It would combine the sublimated panels with the twill and embroidered logos, numbers, and stripes...

slunialt.jpg

I'm not nearly skilled enough to make these myself, so I love seeing people like you and how incredibly talented you all are. Thanks for sharing all this hard work of yours, I can't imagine the hours you've put in! As for my two cents, I prefer the non-tribal one, I loved the look of the early ones, it reminded me of the passion that the Euro soccer club fans bring, but in a hockey setting.

BannerLogos.jpg

SF4.gif

:notworthy:

This is just beautiful, Sparks. The home and road are stunning, the logo is well thought out, the script works well with the colour scheme, the striping is consistent and everything about this makes it look realistic. However,that alternate jersey looks very cool, its just not working for me with those X's on it. Remove those and this is just so close to perfection. All it needs now is to be put on the ice.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

Archived