Seattle Sea Lions

sparkychewbarky

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I may be in the minority, but I prefer the trident without the hockey stick.

It looks gratuitous.

I'm agreein' with you Stampman. It's an idea that should have looked alright but I couldn't pull it off.

I'm going to stick with the trident.

I streamlined the beast a little more, and I'll get to the uniforms next.

newsllogos2.jpg

I vote for this one. By far the best.

I'm going to go with #1. I don't think you have to utilize the native theme just because they're in Seattle. Maybe somehow use it in a shoulder patch or something, but this primary is more than strong enough. But the color scheme needs some work. I'm hoping you go with a green-silver(or storm grey)-black.

sig.png

try placing the trident top downward and place a hockey puck at the bottom, to give a refrence to hockey.

Hi Cody, I gave that a shot and although it looked o.k., the upside-down trident is too similar to the old Mariners' M logo.

Also, the trident, straight up, resembles a crown which is cool for the "Sea Lions", and is also a nod to King County.

try placing the trident top downward and place a hockey puck at the bottom, to give a refrence to hockey.

Hi Cody, I gave that a shot and although it looked o.k., the upside-down trident is too similar to the old Mariners' M logo.

Also, the trident, straight up, resembles a crown which is cool for the "Sea Lions", and is also a nod to King County.

OK but what about a puck stuck in the trident teeth without changing the tridents position?

Thanks to everyone for the input.

I was sort of hoping that there would be an overwhelming favourite, but the only definite result was that #3 got NO love.

So...Logo #3 is OUTTA HERE!

The first logo style and the native style were the more popular, although the 4th one got a few 'thumbs-ups'.

I'm going to try 2 different approaches to the identity.

The first will be a 'nautical' one colour (like the Leafs or Wings) style,

and the second will be a multi-coloured 'native art' style.

I made some of the changes you suggested...

-A more lion-esque look to the first, but, at the same time simplified and sleeked-down. I combined 1 and 4.

Instead of the aqua, someone suggested the darker greys of Puget Sound, so I'm trying a kind of slate grey colour. (It needs some tweaking. It came out a little too blue).

For the native look;

-tlph suggested a green-black-silver colour scheme, so I tried that with some tan. I made the green more of a forest green.

-I made the head align more with the body, and gave it different 'teeth' from the Canucks' orca.

-I placed a pattern in the striping. (too much like the Hurricanes?)

Anyway, Nautical vs. Native. Here goes...

versus1.jpg

versus2.jpg

Again, thanks for the help.

First off, these are both fantastic! Tha classic styling of the nautical theme is timeless and the trident going up the shoulders is unique and awesome. However, the native theme is my favorite of the two. I love that logo and the trident is still incorporated, which I have always liked. My only suggestion is to look into a new number font and color scheme.

spacer.png

I would like to see a nautical version with a little native green mixed in. Also, add waist stripes. The native would make a great alternate though.

Yea, it's a little plain looking and waist stripes might help.

I'm trying to stick with a one-colour design, although the temptation to add another colour is there.

One colour designs are, IMO, the hardest to get right, but when they're done right, they're awesome. (Red Wings).

My only suggestion is to look into a new number font and color scheme.

Thanks henburg. I'll try more colour combos later once I get the style, logos, unis, wordmarks finalized.

Any suggestions for a font?

I would probably go for something western or even just a classic block font would work here.

spacer.png

I like both logos, but I think the native-themes jerseys win by a long-shot, particularly when it comes to the colours.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

The Nautical theme

jizz_in_my_pants.jpg

The native theme gives me a celtic vibe with the striping and colour scheme.

Interesting observation Patch, because there's a lot of similarities between ancient Celtic and Native American art. (intricate designs and intertwining objects)

Who's the dude?

The Nautical theme

jizz_in_my_pants.jpg

The native theme gives me a celtic vibe with the striping and colour scheme.

Interesting observation Patch, because there's a lot of similarities between ancient Celtic and Native American art. (intricate designs and intertwining objects)

Who's the dude?

Andy Samberg

Archived