NFL T-Shirt Malfunction

sportsfan0518

When I went shopping today for a Giants Super Bowl Champions shirt, I was appalled when I saw this once I purchased it. Usually when I get an NFL shirt, it has the Reebok tag on the back to show that it is NFL apparel. Instead, it had a Gildan tag on it even though the shirt still had the Reebok logo on it. I am hesitant if I should return it or not. But what I don't understand is, if the shirt says Reebook on it, what does it not have a Reebok tag on it??

1ze88s7.png

anim_040d06ba-0611-bac4-cd7b-50fc54ad382 

this happens alot more then you think, they have to print up a ton of shirts in a short amount of time, in a week or so as more shirts come in you will see Reebok shirts. it happen before in philly when the Flyers went to the Finals and also it seems like every year with Majestic with the MLB

Phils2.pngPhils_Primary.pngPhils4.pngPhils3.png

I can't be positive, but there are a couple explanations. One, many shirts are printed offsite by local print shops, so they can get more of them into the New York market in less time. It's possible one of the offsite printers ran out of Reebok-tagged blanks and just loaded up some Gildans. It's possible that the tag was an oversight. Wrong-tagged items make it into the market every now and then. Unfortunately, I know there has already been a bunch of counterfeit locker room tees seized, and this may be one of those. Given the complexity of the design this year, it's likely all counterfeit shirts were printed using the same artwork used for the legit ones, so you're probably not getting anything different, really. Could be just someone wanting to make a little extra profit by not paying for the license.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Its not a malfunction, Reebook tags a lot of shirts, I am wearing a Devils T-shirt as we speak and the same reebok wordmark logo is on the front.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

this happens alot more then you think, they have to print up a ton of shirts in a short amount of time, in a week or so as more shirts come in you will see Reebok shirts. it happen before in philly when the Flyers went to the Finals and also it seems like every year with Majestic with the MLB

So what your trying to say is that as the days go on more Reebook branded shirts will come in?

Its not a malfunction, Reebook tags a lot of shirts, I am wearing a Devils T-shirt as we speak and the same reebok wordmark logo is on the front.

But there is not a Reebok tag on the shirt you silly goose!

anim_040d06ba-0611-bac4-cd7b-50fc54ad382 

I saw shirts like that around Boston for the Bruins Stanley Cup Champions. It's not an error, just depends on the supply of the official vendors. Like Andrew said, the vendor may have run out of Reebok shirts and had to print the supply on Gildans, or whatever.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

When I went shopping today for a Giants Super Bowl Champions shirt, I was appalled when I saw this once I purchased it. Usually when I get an NFL shirt, it has the Reebok tag on the back to show that it is NFL apparel. Instead, it had a Gildan tag on it even though the shirt still had the Reebok logo on it. I am hesitant if I should return it or not. But what I don't understand is, if the shirt says Reebook on it, what does it not have a Reebok tag on it??

EDIT: I know I know, I posted this topic twice by accident. Please don't comment that I did because I know I did. I apologize for my mistake.

1ze88s7.png

Adidas uses Gilden and Anvil-manufactured shirts for their non-tech T's. Usually they have a Reebok or Adidas label, sometimes one slips through. Usually the ones that slip get pulled in final inspection and end up at Rugged Wear House.

When I worked at Tennessee, we would occasionally get a few of these in our camp t-shirt shipments. Quality control was pretty good on team shirts, but for the camp shirts, just about anything would go.

A friend of mine worked at Notre Dame and they got a bunch of football jerseys from Ripon one year that had the NFL Equipment jock tag instead of the Adidas tag.

EDIT: I know I know, I posted this topic twice by accident. Please don't comment that I did because I know I did. I apologize for my mistake.

1ze88s7.png

Adidas uses Gilden and Anvil-manufactured shirts for their non-tech T's. Usually they have a Reebok or Adidas label, sometimes one slips through. Usually the ones that slip get pulled in final inspection and end up at Rugged Wear House.

When I worked at Tennessee, we would occasionally get a few of these in our camp t-shirt shipments. Quality control was pretty good on team shirts, but for the camp shirts, just about anything would go.

A friend of mine worked at Notre Dame and they got a bunch of football jerseys from Ripon one year that had the NFL Equipment jock tag instead of the Adidas tag.

That pretty much sums it up. It's the risk you take and the price you pay when you outsource, unfortunately. #madeintheusa

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

They've done the same with Stnaley Cup Champions' shirts... I *think* they license out the printing of the shirts to other companies in order to produce them quickly and distribute them as fast and to as many places as possible. I think my '07 Ducks is from something LEE, '08 Wings is Gildan and I think the rest are Reebok... I'll have to check, though.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

There are companies that do huge last minute printings to get the merchandise out ASAP. The stuff is official, but as others said, due to the quantity and speed, not all of it is tagged on the inside as usual. There's a vendor near Philly (I think it might be in West Chester) that always gets local press coverage for that when Philly teams are deep in the playoffs.

But I am confused why I paid full price for a shirt that is not made by Reebok, even though it had the Reebok logo on the shirt and it even had the NFL Trophy Collection sticker on it.

Because they knew people would pay full price to have the shirts right away, so they printed them however they could.

bufg.png

I bought 3 supposedly identical Nike long sleeve T's a few years ago, and only noticed month's later that two of them had Nike tags, while the third one (which I ordered about a month after the first two from the same shop) had an Alstyle Apparel tag. The cut/make of the shirts is the same, so I've never been able to figure out why the tags differentiate.

Either way, I'm sure most of the shirts branded with Nike (or Reebok in this case) are all made by Gildan, FOTL, or other major manufacturers anyway.

Many times it's simple a matter of the clothing company having exclusive rights to manufacture a given companies products. Even when they don't technically manufacture them, their name must still appear on the product (this happens a lot with small run, single use jerseys in hockey. Many AK or SP made jerseys are labelled with Reebok, even though they had nothing to do with the actual production).

But I am confused why I paid full price for a shirt that is not made by Reebok, even though it had the Reebok logo on the shirt and it even had the NFL Trophy Collection sticker on it.

You're kidding yourself if you think the Reebok branded shirt is of any higher quality. You're paying for the NFL branded screen print on the front. It doesn't really matter what it's on.

As someone who works for an international Apparel company, I can admit to you, that 90% of the time, Reebok doesn't make shirts. A manufacturer of blanks makes those shirts, with "tear away" tagging, and then a Heat Transfer Reebok neck label is heat pressed onto the blank...

It seems what you have is simply Reebok's artwork printed on a Gilden blank, that wasn't appropriately tagged and labeled. It's almost certainly not a knock off, just simply, as already mentioned one that didn't make it through the correct process...

As someone who works for an international Apparel company, I can admit to you, that 90% of the time, Reebok doesn't make shirts. A manufacturer of blanks makes those shirts, with "tear away" tagging, and then a Heat Transfer Reebok neck label is heat pressed onto the blank...

It seems what you have is simply Reebok's artwork printed on a Gilden blank, that wasn't appropriately tagged and labeled. It's almost certainly not a knock off, just simply, as already mentioned one that didn't make it through the correct process...

This 100%. Even if it had the correct tagging it would still be a Gildan tee.

Archived