Hornets Concept

Steve-O

How is the request concept?  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Here's another concept I made today. This one is on the request board, it is for the Rochester Hornets. He wanted me to use black and orange so I was limited there but I think it looks pretty sharp. Of course it is a paint work so be gentle. Let me know what you think. Hopefully this concept wont look like an ape or another animal, like my last one. Also this is my first concept where I included the wordmark into the logo, I think I did an alright job. As always, thanks for your time!

-Steve-O

hornets.gif

Not a bad logo at all but the hornet seems to be on crack! It looks as though he's going to have a nervous break down.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

the wings look like stained glass windows, but you achieved your goal: it doesn't look like an animal :P

*parrot speaks*

what's that? my parrot says it looks like something it ate a while back :hockeysmiley:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I'm not sure if that would end up working to well for the New Orleans Hornets, but for a Hornets team in general I think that logo would fit in well. I'm liking the logo very much ^_^ , the only part that seems to stand out to me is the pattern on the wings.

UWMpanthers.gifgold_14.gif

I'm not sure if that would end up working to well for the New Orleans Hornets, but for a Hornets team in general I think that logo would fit in well.

Yup... My thoughts too.

I absolutely love this logo. One of the best logos I think I've ever set my eyes on, and all done in MS Paint. Amazing work.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Well the whole concept wasn't intended for New Orleans so it's all good. I had another request from the same guy if there could be some tie in to the city of Rochester, so I threw in the skyline of the city. Let me know what you think.

hornetsalternate.gif

I was going for a wing pattern that showed the texture of the wings, I am still fiddling with it to try and make it work better to take away less from the rest. As for the colors, The request was for Black as the primary, Orange as the secondary and Grey as the third, I threw in yellow to make the Hornet look more 3-D I guess you could say. I think it gave him some "body". I dunno, I'll post further updates later.

I really like the design, but I agree with the other posters that the wing pattern should be toned down a bit (i.e. a lighter shade of gray).

Also, I'd make the skyline a different color, cuz right now it looks like it's coming out of his head.

Archived