This should never happen.

JamieRose

So I've had the idea mulling in my head for a long while (and even did something very similar a few years back) and I've finally gotten about to making this. Basically it plays off of robbman's idea of the alternate universe, but with a bit of a simpler twist. Whereas he went all out and made whole backstories, mine is much more superficial. Basically I took bitter rivals and had them switch places! The ones I did years ago were the Yankees/Red Sox and Bruins/Rangers. These were basically not much more than palette switches. This time I decided to go the robbman route and create all new logos as well!

So here's the first rivalry crossover. This one's the closest to my heart and will likely be the one that disgusts me the most to make. The New England Patriots and the New York Jets.

I kept some of the same rules for myself that robbman used in his series, with a couple alterations to account for my laziness. First up, I'll give you the Patriots.

NYJ_Patriots.png

This one's simple and straightforward. Red and silver aren't really present in the color scheme outside of the primary logo (which I may change to either straight white or silver).

Now here's the Jets!

NE_Jets.png

This one I got a bit more creative with. First off, I'm really happy with how the Jets wordmark turned out. Just wanted to gloat a bit. The primary logo I made takes the Jet from the 80's wordmark logo, and altered it to look a lot more like the Patriots. I took the tails of the Flying Elvis to make wings and a smoke trail. The logo looks a bit abstract to keep it in line with Elvis. I also brought back the black and added a gray color to fill out the color scheme and stuff.

Not sure who I will do next, might be Steelers and Browns. Might not be.

TDZiMMB.png

Can't wait to see more of these! However, shouldn't the Jets pants and helmet be white and the Patriots' be silver because that is what they currently wear now? Like I said though, hopefully you keep these up!

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

The Jet logo looks like the current Patriot logo to me. I dont know if that was your intention, but the 2 streaks just remind me of the Pats logo. I think the Patriots set needs some red in there. And the Jets set kind of looks like throwback Eagles uniforms.

The Jet logo looks like the current Patriot logo to me. I dont know if that was your intention, but the 2 streaks just remind me of the Pats logo. I think the Patriots set needs some red in there. And the Jets set kind of looks like throwback Eagles uniforms.

"The primary logo I made takes the Jet from the 80's wordmark logo, and altered it to look a lot more like the Patriots. I took the tails of the Flying Elvis to make wings and a smoke trail."

All you gotta do is read, man.

Moving on, this is really well done. The new Pats are kinda boring, but there's nothing you can do about that really.

The Jets, however, look AWESOME. That logo is really sweet, and could easily work as the Jets' real logo. The unis look good as well.

that jet logo is so cool. it should be used by a team. nuice work on the pats, but do a red throwback and add some red to the jerseys.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

It's funny, the two teams are rivals yet when you flip their identies around like you've done, they actually fit the rival more than they fit themselves. The Jets actually have a look befitting that of Jets and the Patriots have a simple look that befits that of a tradition-laden team with the nickname of "Patriots."

Said all that to say this: You nailed it.

Archived