Don't refuse to color a Jayhawks logo...

Mingjai

Here's a cute story of a young K-State fan who got in trouble for refusing to color a Kansas Jayhawks logo. I like how the little girl even offered to color it purple...

http://bug-bytes.net...uble-at-school/

http://bug-bytes.net...versity-family/

2012-01-27_15-52-11_991.jpg?w=600

Sorry if the has been discussed elsewhere--I did a few searches and didn't see anything.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

I am just waiting for someone to come on here and make a bigger deal of this than it is (and maybe even blame libruhls)

That's a pretty cute story. Although I think it's a little much that the teacher was so insistent on her coloring the jayhawk (and in the proper colors-no purple!)

Though I admit, I think the teacher should have allowed the kids to express themselves with it...even if they wanted to color it purple.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Good on the kid. The teacher needs to be shot simply for being such a jackass... Pretty sure colouring in a stupid bird isn't part of any curriculum.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

The teacher made a big deal over a Jayhawk. The girl made a big deal over a Jayhawk. Both didn't need to make a big deal over a Jayhawk.

Ruins the cute-ness of the story

The girl is in early elementary school... little kids make a big deal over everything. And no it didn't ruin the cuteness.

I spent most of my childhood growing up in the same town and late January is when the schools pump up all things statehood to coincide with their statehood date of Jan 29. As part of this, we always did some artwork that was Jayhawk related. Sometimes it was coloring, making those fuzzy blooms with the colored tissue squares stuck on the page with Elmer's, etc. I didn't think much of it either way. Lawrence was just down the road about thirty minutes, and there was a lot more connection in the community to KU than to that little Aggie school on the prairie. Had I known then I'd be a Sooner then yeah, I could see myself doing the same thing. Closest I came was coloring my Jayhawk in the first grade with a black eye, but only because I had one at the time after a collision with my best friend.

I am just waiting for someone to come on here and make a bigger deal of this than it is (and maybe even blame libruhls)

I mean we all know how she is trying to force her opinions on the rest of us! Freedom!

STOP THE JAYHAWK FASCISM FROM CORRUPTING OUR YOUTH!

spacer.png

If I ever have a kid whose forced to color a badger, I hope they do it in Panther black & gold :D

No offense, but what Wisconsinite chooses to root for a Milwaukee or Green Bay over Bucky? When they play each other I can see it, but still man. Rep the state. And I'm a huge Phoenix fan but I still love our Badgers

I read it was part of Kansas state history.

As a teacher, I am glad the mother had the girl apologize and complete the picture to teach the importance of the child respecting a teacher.

However, most teachers would have been wise enough to know their students and to choose lessons appropriately or offer some sort of choice. They could have colored the actual Jayhawk bird instead of the KU logo or something.

Awesome story, though, especially as a Mizzou fan.

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

Archived