Columbus Blue Jackets concept

BLUELANDbeliever

I used the current RBK Edge template and made 3 variations of an idea that popped in my head. The crest 'CBJ' logo was something i hand-cut from the Jackets' script listed here on CCSL. I know they arent the best but let me know what yall think. Throw some ideas/modifications at me too. I'd like to see this look near perfect.

cbjconcept.jpg

cbjconcept2.jpg

(in this next one, i changed the shoulder patch to the current 3rd jersey crest)

cbjconcept3.jpg

Braves.jpg

BigMac's posts make me want to punch babies.

Hockey is weird and I love it.

I think any fundamental problem designing a CBJ jersey has to do with the name of the city and the team's nickname. When people think of the name of "Columbus", they think about the explorer more than the city in Ohio. The name "Blue Jackets" conjures up images of either a pseudo-zoological insect or an item of clothing and the acronym of said team more resembles a vulgar double entendre rather than an acronym for a sports team. (Cue Beavis and Butthead) I'm going to cobble up a concept I thought of by the end of the weekend that hopefully avoids all 4 of those dilemmas (This time, with better photo software).

None of these jerseys have a good flow and they jersey logo blends in too much with the actual jersey. I'd clean this up a little bit and I think it would have some potential.

Woah! You think I'm Cody? My name is Carl Scott Simone and we just happen to share a birthday. BIG DEAL.

Ditch the green, the generic fill-tool "striping", and the grey. Try to make the "CBJ" flow a bit more and fix the shoulder patches. There's no need for them to face in the same direction.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I don't want to sound negative, but this is a train wreck. The CBJ emblem on every sweater looks terrible and doesn't flow well with the color schemes you're using, especially the neon green. Not to mention the thick grey, blue, and red block stripes are too overpowering and take away from the design. I suggest going back to the drawing board on this one and think about it.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

Archived