TOP 5

RETROJR79

Hey friends now thats Nike is in charge of the uniforms heres my top 5 teams that should wear alternate as primary

1 Chargers

2 Panthers

3 Broncos

4 Ravens

5 Falcons

No. Not to be picky, but the teams are still "in charge" of their uniforms. Thank God.

But, to add to the list.... the Vikings would be better off wearing their alt (throwback) until they can design something new that actually works.

Hey friends now thats Nike is in charge of the uniforms heres my top 5 teams that should wear alternate as primary

1 Chargers

2 Panthers

3 Broncos

4 Ravens

5 Falcons

No. Not to be picky, but the teams are still "in charge" of their uniforms. Thank God.

Oh thank god and im with you the Vikings should go back to their throwback and salso the Rams!

But, to add to the list.... the Vikings would be better off wearing their alt (throwback) until they can design something new that actually works.

top 5 teams that should wear alternate as primary

1. Vikings

107708256_display_image.jpg?1325559104

2. Falcons

132693445_display_image.jpg?1325559321

3. Browns

braylon_display_image.png?1325545122

4. Saints

126541056_display_image.jpg?1325621952

5. Panthers

130623257_display_image.jpg?1325621080

I couldn't add the Broncos since they will be using their orange jersey as their primary in 2012 and as much as I love the Chargers powder blue, I prefer the throwback version (numbers on helmet) much better than their current alternate.

1 Chargers

2 Panthers

3 Broncos

4 Ravens

5 Falcons

Do you mean the Broncos shouldn't have made the switch and they should have kept the navy as primary and orange as alternate?

Also do you mean the Falcon's throwbacks or their "modern" black jerseys that have been retired for a while?

1. Vikings

2. Falcons

3. Browns

4. Bengals

5. Panthers

I couldn't add the Broncos since they will be using their orange jersey as their primary in 2012 and as much as I love the Chargers powder blue, I prefer the throwback version (numbers on helmet) much better than their current alternate.

Oh the Broncos made the switch that's cool and as for the Chargers the powder blue is good and I also love the Dan Fouts uniforms from the 70s-mid 80s

1 Chargers

2 Panthers

3 Broncos

4 Ravens

5 Falcons

Do you mean the Broncos shouldn't have made the switch and they should have kept the navy as primary and orange as alternate?

Also do you mean the Falcon's throwbacks or their "modern" black jerseys that have been retired for a while?

No I didn't know the Broncos made the switch and as for the Falcons I did meant the modern black jersey I didn't know it was retired but I will say the the Panthers should go to Carolina Blue to go along their new logo.

1. Vikings

The Vikings' current uniform is so over-designed (and so obviously "2005!") that it makes this look brilliant by comparison. But really, if they made this the primary, as is, they wouldn't be that much better off in the long run.

It would be a great jumping off point for an update, though.

1. Vikings

I realize that the piping on the current uni is a mess, but I don't get the love for this. Doesn't the mismatched purples bother anybody else? Put the current helmet on this uni with matching shades of purple and you have a winner though.

I would assume that if the Vikings went with their throwbacks full-time they would do some minor updating like matching the purples, bringing back the purple or white facemasks, etc.

Yes the mismatch of a lot of the throwbacks is a problem, but personally I put that aside because they are doing the right thing by matching how it was for the year the uniform represents. And yes uniform/logo people back in the 70s and 80s did complain about the mismatched helmets of teams like the Vikings, Rams, Giants, etc.

1. Vikings

2. Falcons

132693445_display_image.jpg?1325559321

3. Browns

braylon_display_image.png?1325545122

4. Saints

126541056_display_image.jpg?1325621952

5. Panthers

130623257_display_image.jpg?1325621080

Tough to argue with any of the first 4. The Panthers belong in black to me, since panthers are black.

I'd add the Patriots red throwbacks/Pat helmets to the list. I have always hated the Flying Elvis.

The Bills took care of their uniform problem finally.

87Redskins.png

On 2/28/2012 at 9:57 AM, John in KY said:
On 2/28/2012 at 9:05 AM, ZapRowsdower8 said:
On 2/28/2012 at 8:07 PM, CrazyAnna said:

1. Vikings

I realize that the piping on the current uni is a mess, but I don't get the love for this. Doesn't the mismatched purples bother anybody else? Put the current helmet on this uni with matching shades of purple and you have a winner though.

I would assume that if the Vikings went with their throwbacks full-time they would do some minor updating like matching the purples, bringing back the purple or white facemasks, etc.

Yes the mismatch of a lot of the throwbacks is a problem, but personally I put that aside because they are doing the right thing by matching how it was for the year the uniform represents. And yes uniform/logo people back in the 70s and 80s did complain about the mismatched helmets of teams like the Vikings, Rams, Giants, etc.

I would be OK with this as a starting point, because the current uniform is everything everyone says. However, I'd want the following changes made: purple facemask and yellow outline on the numbers.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Lots of people seem to think the Panthers should wear blue full-time, and I disagree with that. The blue jersey is pretty good, but not as good at the black. With the blue jersey, all that catches your eye is the bright blue and the silver. The black is an afterthought. However, on the black jersey, there is obviously silver and black, but the little bit of blue there really pops. It's almost like the blue jersey is too much blue. Still a good jersey, just not nearly as nice or balanced as the black one.

The biggest thing for the Panthers is that they need to stop the white-at-home nonsense. Wear the blue jersey for the first two home games and the black jersey for every one afterwards. The black jersey is so great it deserves to be worn 8 times a year. Instead, it is never worn more than 4 times since they also wear the blue twice.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

1. Vikings

I would be OK with this as a starting point, because the current uniform is everything everyone says. However, I'd want the following changes made: purple facemask and yellow outline on the numbers.

How about just use the current helmet, and add the gold # outline?

Archived