TOP 5

RETROJR79

Am I the only one who LIKES their current uniforms? I love the creativity of their horn-like striping.

Hell, even these were better than those overrated throwbacks:

392992_display_image.jpg

T1_1005_mossmac.jpg

i think yeah, you probably are. or are in a few slim minority. i try not to be overly critical of modern uniform designs, because i think the critique of "this is old, so it's good. and this is new, so it sucks" is lazy. but i can't find anything redeeming about the vikings home/away sets. i think the falcons primary home and road has more redeeming features, even though i do refer their throwbacks.

one design i'd like elevated to primary status is the cowboys thanksgiving alts. i absolutely hate their white set.

sig2024.png

It all looks bad. And I've gone back and forth on the Vikes' sets a couple dozen times trying to decide if I like them or don't. The problem with them (and shoot, may as well include the Cardinals and Bengals in this one), is that IMO they were all very obviously designed in the "flavor of the moment". Granted, the Bengals don't do piping (nor should they...EVER), but both their and the Vikings' sets share the same glaring problem: those white side panels. It pulls away from a rather cleverly-designed shoulder "horn" loop thing (I won't even gettry into that whole pants"some stripe/swoosh/whatever), and with the Bengals, it pulls away from the tiger stripes. All three are a nice case study in over-design.

See Falcons, Atlanta for a decent example of how a "modern" design can age rather well. I personally don't care for the sleeve treatment, and I never was big on the number font, but the rest of it actually looks prettt doggone good, mostly because it's not trying to do too much (except for the sleeves).

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Am I the only one who LIKES their current uniforms? I love the creativity of their horn-like striping.

Hell, even these were better than those overrated throwbacks

No, I agree with you I like the currents way more than the throwbacks except the monocrome purple, which looks horrible (monochrome white is fine to me). The throwbacks are boring and are look like recolored Browns or Throwback saints jerseys. But I like the throwbacks a lot more than the other 2 you just showed.

It all looks bad. And I've gone back and forth on the Vikes' sets a couple dozen times trying to decide if I like them or don't. The problem with them (and shoot, may as well include the Cardinals and Bengals in this one), is that IMO they were all very obviously designed in the "flavor of the moment". Granted, the Bengals don't do piping (nor should they...EVER), but both their and the Vikings' sets share the same glaring problem: those white side panels. It pulls away from a rather cleverly-designed shoulder "horn" loop thing (I won't even gettry into that whole pants"some stripe/swoosh/whatever), and with the Bengals, it pulls away from the tiger stripes. All three are a nice case study in over-design.

Yeah, I've thought that, too... that the sleeve "horns" are kinda nice, but the side panels (like almost all side panels in football) are a mess. The problem is, I don't know if you can have those sleeve treatments without the side panels. I've tried drawing it out myself and any solution is just really awkward, or else changes the look of them completely. There just aren't many logical ways for those sleeve stripes to terminate in the front without flowing into the side panels. After messing with it for a while, you just wonder if its worth it. If they're gonna have to rework it to that degree, why not just star over?

The biggest thing for the Panthers is that they need to stop the white-at-home nonsense. Wear the blue jersey for the first two home games and the black jersey for every one afterwards. The black jersey is so great it deserves to be worn 8 times a year. Instead, it is never worn more than 4 times since they also wear the blue twice.

The Panthers usually end up wearing their blue jerseys for a road game early in the season when they play another team wearing white at home in the heat.

I think the Texans should make the red alternates the primaries. Pair them with the blue pants, and wear the red pants with the white jersey on the road. I like the idea of the Cowboys being Texas's blue team and Houston being the red team. It even matches the basketball teams (Mavs - blue, Rockets - red). Also, I think the Rams should go back to the blue and "athletic gold" Warner-era uniforms full time.

I think the Texans should make the red alternates the primaries. Pair them with the blue pants, and wear the red pants with the white jersey on the road. I like the idea of the Cowboys being Texas's blue team and Houston being the red team. It even matches the basketball teams (Mavs - blue, Rockets - red). Also, I think the Rams should go back to the blue and "athletic gold" Warner-era uniforms full time.

Which Warner are you referring to?

Like it matters...neither Kurt nor Curt wore the royal and yellow for more than one season anyways.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

That'll be good for the Texans but then again their blue uniform fits in with their helmets.

The Ravens are one team that's should be all black!!

Archived