Arizona Rattlers new helmets and unis

reppact

For me, THIS will always be the Rattlers' TRUE identity:

18--Hunkie%20Cooper.jpg

Arizona LEGEND, Hunkie Cooper

And you couldn't pick a finer opponent's uniform for your example pic. :)

The beauty of that Rattlers uni is how it takes something simple and standard in football design and makes it the team's own. Those sleeve stripes are basic Northwestern stripes - but then they put the snake pattern in the center stripe, and it becomes something distinctive and appealing without being tacky, forced, or overdone.

In your photo includes the old uniform of the Iowa Barnstormers. Clever design with the goggles on the helmet, and propeller on the pants. The jersey had wings on the front as well.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Decent shot of the Sabercats & Rattlers looking mighty nice:

HernandezHOFSJSRush.jpg

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The mid-'90s Arena League was one of the best-looking leagues ever, IMO. So many experimental designs - some of which appear to be coming back in college football - but not over-the-top (at least compared to Russell's usual clownsuits).

+1 on that...the big difference was that there weren't any cookie cutter templates, every uniform had very unique elements...nike ruined the afl with their college templates.

Actually, Nike only used their college templates on a few AFL teams - Utah, Austin, and Nashville come to mind immediately. For most teams, Nike kept clean, distinctive looks, many with team-specific elements.

When Russell took over, that's when things turned into the template clownshow.

The mid-'90s Arena League was one of the best-looking leagues ever, IMO. So many experimental designs - some of which appear to be coming back in college football - but not over-the-top (at least compared to Russell's usual clownsuits).

The New York Cityhawks did Purple, Black, and Gold better than the Ravens ever have. The Milwaukee Mustangs had one of the best looks of the purple-and-teal craze. The Iowa Barnstormers were just frickin' brilliant. And the Orlando Predators, in their days of slashed-through numbers, had the best head-to-toe all-black look I've ever seen.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The home jerseys are excellent... the road jerseys have too much teal in comparison. Regardless, Russell actually made a good uniform for once.

Never thought I'd ever see a Lights Out post containing the words "too much teal."

Pictures have been released for the new 2012 Arizona Rattlers home and away helmets, plus the new uniforms.

azrattlers_helmets2012.jpg

AZRattlers_unis2012.jpg

This hasn't been brought up, but does the black helmet have a logo on the left side?

I was a the the game tonight and no, there is no logo on the left side of the helmet. Not sure the reason, but unless you are the Steelers, I don't like it.

SEAsig.png

Decent shot of the Sabercats & Rattlers looking mighty nice:

HernandezHOFSJSRush.jpg

Thats just a whole lot of awesomeness. Easily two of my favorite sports identities in all of football. Too bad they were stuck in a fairly irrelevant league and not in the NFL.

Archived