Arizona Rattlers new helmets and unis

reppact

This is actually a pretty nice set other than the inconsistencies in color usage. Also, am I the only one that thinks that the sleeves look like fishnets more than snakeskin?

That's exactly what they look like.

Well, I can't see it in these pics, but I sure hope they have matching fishnet, um snakeskin stockings, um socks to go with those sleeves. Can't tell if the home uni player painted his nails black or not. I see the away uni guy forgot.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm actually quite pleasantly surprised; I like that teal hasn't been taken out of the look entirely, but the colors could've been balanced better. That said, I'd love for some team, somewhere, to go with a simple black/copper color scheme. This is still one of the best current Arena League sets (though that's not saying much) and a step up from their last set (the Arizona Rattlers aren't the Arizona Rattlers with no copper lid).

I'd love for some team, somewhere, to go with a simple black/copper color scheme.

Forward that memo to the New Orleans Saints.

Also, what is it with teal/black/gold teams and Jekyll-&-Hyde uniform pairs?

(Speaking of...Jacksonville Jaguars Blaguars, y'all on deck [for 2013].)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

For me, THIS will always be the Rattlers' TRUE identity:

18--Hunkie%20Cooper.jpg

Arizona LEGEND, Hunkie Cooper

And you couldn't pick a finer opponent's uniform for your example pic. :)

The beauty of that Rattlers uni is how it takes something simple and standard in football design and makes it the team's own. Those sleeve stripes are basic Northwestern stripes - but then they put the snake pattern in the center stripe, and it becomes something distinctive and appealing without being tacky, forced, or overdone.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I HATE that the home is basically Black/Copper and the away is White/Blue.

WTF? Did they just borrow the road set from the Panthers? No consistency across the set. Piss-poor design; I don't care what their color scheme calls for.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Been said before, will be said again, but the home and roads are so different that it looks like two separate teams. Neither one looks bad per se, but to be the two separate uniforms for one team is stupid

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

Been said before, will be said again, but the home and roads are so different that it looks like two separate teams. Neither one looks bad per se, but to be the two separate uniforms for one team is stupid

Honestly, as bad as all the other Russell uniforms are, I can live with that. Kudos for a new number font.

This is true.

I do feel like Russell are incapable of not messing up at least something though. They've actually managed to create two vaguely attractive unis, only to mess it up by having completely separate home and road looks, good job :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

The different unis would bother me if they had gone away from the traditional colors. As it is, they are clearly the same team from a snakeskin striping standpoint (although a copper helmet for both looks would help cement it) and they can sell to the black and copper crowd as well as the white and teal crowd. I'm just glad that it looks like they dumped the red they added. Still, go with the classic helmet and the home might be a perfect update.

re: the original Rattlers jersey: I'll tell ya what, both they and the Sabercats need to go back to their original jerseys and call it a day. The way both jerseys took basic Northwestern striping and made it their own (the aforementioned turqouise/copper snakeskin for AZ, the rising sun for San Jose), that was damn brilliant.

the home/away thing: The only Arena team I can really say did the home/away helmet thing brilliantly was the New York Cityhawks. If only they hadn't sucked at actually playing. The Rattlers' effort is shrug-inspiring.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Pictures have been released for the new 2012 Arizona Rattlers home and away helmets, plus the new uniforms.

azrattlers_helmets2012.jpg

AZRattlers_unis2012.jpg

This hasn't been brought up, but does the black helmet have a logo on the left side?

PersonDivided-2-1.png

Yes, those Sabercats unis were brilliant.

aaron_about.jpg

Yes I realize that's a kicker, but still...look at this pic and the other old ones of the Rattlers...then look one more time at the new Rattlers uniform.

Makes you really realize just how much jersey numbers done shrunk over the years, don't it?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived